WARNING: Hash 'crackme': Line-length exception
Hi there,

I tried to crack a shadow file of a linux box, so I took the shadow and copied it into a file called crackme. This file looks like:

Code:
cat crackme
$1$LeFwPYdhxxxxxxPdJV1n/
$1$fFqTnJndxxxxxxdyrrPc06EgFa/
$1$GGaGMxxxxxxa1r.dmmCAMlDZo.
$1$Ck88OrkxxxxxxjD1iNCDaGzQpc.
$1$Mb2eMxxxxxxv/rn/kG4OKr1
$1$NKnHm8xxxxxxZtpnnE6qKbRJ/
$1$bhe1PArtxxxxxxXS8KPuvCXjO2w7Bw.

but I get an error:

sudo cudaHashcat-plus64.bin -m0 crackme
Warning: cudaHashcat-plus64.bin is running from /opt/oclhashcat-plus-bin so be careful of relative paths.
ERROR: No hashes loaded

is there a easy way to find the lines which cause die length exception so I can delete them?
(02-06-2013, 02:38 PM)dronin Wrote: Hi there,

I tried to crack a shadow file of a linux box, so I took the shadow and copied it into a file called crackme. This file looks like:

Code:
cat crackme
$1$LeFwPYdhxxxxxxPdJV1n/
$1$fFqTnJndxxxxxxdyrrPc06EgFa/
$1$GGaGMxxxxxxa1r.dmmCAMlDZo.
$1$Ck88OrkxxxxxxjD1iNCDaGzQpc.
$1$Mb2eMxxxxxxv/rn/kG4OKr1
$1$NKnHm8xxxxxxZtpnnE6qKbRJ/
$1$bhe1PArtxxxxxxXS8KPuvCXjO2w7Bw.

but I get an error:

sudo cudaHashcat-plus64.bin -m0 crackme
Warning: cudaHashcat-plus64.bin is running from /opt/oclhashcat-plus-bin so be careful of relative paths.

is there a easy way to find the lines which cause die length exception so I can delete them?
In this case it consider that all of them are not the right length. You use -m0 (MD5) and you have to use -m 500 (MD5(unix)).
Quote:Warning: cudaHashcat-plus64.bin is running from /opt/oclhashcat-plus-bin so be careful of relative paths.

(02-06-2013, 03:09 PM)mastercracker Wrote: In this case it consider that all of them are not the right length. You use -m0 and you have to use -m 500.

wrong. This is another problem.
rename 'crackme' to 'crackme.hash' and use -m 500
`--> sudo cudaHashcat-plus64.bin -m500 crackme.hash
WARNING: Hash 'crackme.hash': Line-length exception
Hmm, why the heck do you run hashcat as SU ? Try without sudo.
hashcat doesn't care for file extensions. Just read the goddamn error msg...

Quote:Warning: cudaHashcat-plus64.bin is running from /opt/oclhashcat-plus-bin so be careful of relative paths.
those also are not valid md5crypt hashes. although they start with '$1$', they have no salt and variable-length output.
(02-06-2013, 04:13 PM)dronin Wrote: `--> sudo cudaHashcat-plus64.bin -m500 crackme.hash
WARNING: Hash 'crackme.hash': Line-length exception
There has to be a space between -m and 500 also...
(02-08-2013, 07:39 AM)mastercracker Wrote: There has to be a space between -m and 500 also...

no space needed.