Review my build?
Rainbow 
Hello everyone,

Here's my current build... please pick it apart and let me know what I could change to make it better.

Case - Chenbro Rackmount 4U Server Chassis RM41300-FS81
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
CMU - AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8150FRGUBOX
Memory - 2x CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
Drives - 1xSSD drive for OS, probably two 3TB drives in RAID1 for wordlist storage
PS - Planning on 2x Thermaltake TP-1500M 1500W ATX 12V

Not sure how I'm going to mount the second power supply.

I think that's all I need. I'd appreciate any feedback.
Everything looks great except for the PSU and hard drives.

You definitely do not need two PSU... just one 1500W PSU will be enough for whatever you plan to put in there. Do you plan on running three or four GPUs? I ask because that board + chassis combination is perfect for three GPUs setups, because you can have a large gap in between all three GPUs to allow for sufficient airflow.

The disks are way overkill -- why do you need 6TB of storage for wordlists? Seems to me like that single SSD would be sufficient for all of your needs, but even then a cheap 500GB Caviar Green or something will do just fine.
I had planned on using 4 GPUs. Is that an issue on these boards? Any thing more ideal?

The only reason why I mentioned those drives is that the 3TB drives are fairly cheap.
Three GPUs is much preferred over four GPUs. With four GPUs, the GPUs will be directly side-by-side, so no airflow in between them. With three GPUs, you can leave a PCI slot in between each card to allow adequate airflow. If I were going to do four GPUs, I would look at replacing all of the chassis fans with some Delta fans.

Regarding the drives, you really only need one drive, and it doesn't need to be fast or large. It's your money so you can do what you want, but that's just way overkill for a cracking rig.
(04-07-2013, 06:45 AM)epixoip Wrote: Three GPUs is much preferred over four GPUs. With four GPUs, the GPUs will be directly side-by-side, so no airflow in between them. With three GPUs, you can leave a PCI slot in between each card to allow adequate airflow. If I were going to do four GPUs, I would look at replacing all of the chassis fans with some Delta fans.

Regarding the drives, you really only need one drive, and it doesn't need to be fast or large. It's your money so you can do what you want, but that's just way overkill for a cracking rig.

I'm really hoping to get four GPUs. Can you recommend a different board that would work better?
four is doable, you just won't have much airflow between the cards. it will work, but heat may become an issue. it's not the motherboard... this is unavoidable when using any ATX motherboard, unless you build an open air system.