Can't crack hash of 60 digit pass (only few unknow digits)
Hi

I just figured out how I can use hashcat masks, now I want to crack a pass of exactly 60 digits, with only a few unkown digits (I calculated that it could be cracked in less than 1 hour, less than 5000 Ghashes possible)
I got an error saying 54 digits is the max amount Sad
http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=oclh...xt_lengths
error:"ERROR: --pw-max > 54"
I'm using hashcat lite on hashcatGUI (3*5xxx cards, on amd x2 and 8 gb Win7x64 system).
Any way I can circumvent this restriction? Otherwhise I'd have to learn GPU-opencl programming Sad

Thank you!
54 is the max
If it's really only 5000 max possible then just script up something ugly and do it the lame way. It will be FAR slower than hashcat to be sure, but fast enough to get the job done, and much faster than learning GPU programming.
(04-10-2013, 11:47 PM)pragmatic Wrote: If it's really only 5000 max possible then just script up something ugly and do it the lame way. It will be FAR slower than hashcat to be sure, but fast enough to get the job done, and much faster than learning GPU programming.
5000 Gigahashes, not hashesSmile
Cpu will be at least 500 times slower , I cant wait 500 hours for each hash I want to crack. I really hope there's a workaround. Maybe if I use something else than a mask?
No "workaround" exists as of now and I've heard no such plans for the future.
is there a dev-member I could donate a small amount to, to recompile a version without the restriction? (or is it not possible to do that?)
I need this badly Sad

edit: I found this thread : http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-785.html
It is possible, but I'll need a dev to help me out.
(04-11-2013, 02:57 PM)DudeSon Wrote: is there a dev-member I could donate a small amount to, to recompile a version without the restriction? (or is it not possible to do that?)
I need this badly Sad

Longer password length support is probably one of the most requested and popular enhancements and has been for a long time.

To be honest I don't think it is a question of money. From what little I know of this problem I think it is just because atom cannot work out how to do it, if he knew I think he would have provided it for us a long time ago, for free.

So as generous as your offer is, I don't think it will make any difference to atom. He doesn't seem motivated by money as there isn't even a donate option anywhere. Smile

I understand your frustration and I guess so do many others, we just have to accept the limitation for now I think. atom has a reputation of surprising us every now and then, so you never know Smile
(04-11-2013, 07:33 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: ...From what little I know of this problem I think it is just because atom cannot work out how to do it...

atom Wrote:I did some tests. For example, due to its caching architecture, if we want to support 64 char passwords with oclHashcat-plus it will require 16gb host memory. Otherwise it wont start. The speed dropped from ~ 3000Mhash/s to ~ 1800Mhash/s. If we choose to support 32 char only its 8gb host memory and ~2400Mhash/s.
That's from the topic I mentioned. I'll need a pass with fixed and known lenght between 55-58 Smile
I saw that the character limit has already been increased recently to 54, 1-4 chars less than I need, so close Wink
tldr but can JtR be useful here?

Let me know if the existing formats don't support multi-block. I can write a custom (read slow) format for this job Wink
The problem with > 55 is that you require another transform. Speeds will at least drop to 50%.