oclHashcat-plus64 (0.14) and HD5850 -- No Error Message
Hello,

I'm trying to use oclHashcat-plus64 (version 0.14) with Catalyst 13.1 Drivers and AMD APP SDK v2.8

When I run the following command, I receive no errors it just sits there with the flashing hyphen

Code:
oclHashcat-plus64.exe -m 2500 a.hccap dic.lst

I had older drivers installed previously, so I uninstalled those, rebooted, then used Driver Fusion to remove the rest of the files. I installed the 13.1 Catalyst Suite and received an installation note that the SDK run time did not install and Hashcat was throwing errors.

Code:
<package>
    <description>AMD APP SDK Runtime</description>
    <result>Fail</result>
    <version>10.0.1084.4</version>
    <size>90 </size>
</package>

So I went to the AMD site and installed AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8-Windows-64.exe then restarted.

Now I'm not receiving any errors but the program is doing nothing. I'm guessing it's something to do with my AMD installation and the SDK not installing natively, but I'm not entirely sure how to fix that. I'll keep searching but if there are any recommendations I'd appreciate them.

Thanks.
uninstall the APP SDK.
(06-22-2013, 12:56 AM)epixoip Wrote: uninstall the APP SDK.

I uninstalled everything but the Display Driver and the HDMI Audio driver and am still just seeing the flashing hyphen. I might try to use a previous version of hashcat and Catalyst to see if that will even work.
So the APP SDK that is installed with 13.1 is version 10.0.1084.4 and everytime I try the CCC Suite install that installation fails. One recommendation was to install the APP SDK which as you said isn't compatible so I assume it's a different version. This would appear to be an AMD/GPU/PC issue not a hashcat issue, so I will look elsewhere for support. However if anyone has further suggestions feel free to offer them.

Thank you.