How fast should my hashcat be running??
I'm running a list of VBulletin < 3.8.5 hashes and just wondering what the speed should be around. Tried to find an average in the wiki pages but had no luck. The ones I did see mostly mention hashes being cracked at the speed in millions and mine is plodding along at 5.3k/s

Now I realize of course that not all hashes, or GPU's, are created equal but does that seem kind of low? Or OK results for a out-of-the-box GTX560? Are there things I can do to increase this speed? I apologize if this has already been covered and a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank You
It was mentioned milion times...Use -n and -u switches to optimize performance. But NVidias are really slow comparing to AMD, so don't expect speed of light...
(07-10-2013, 10:45 PM)rln11 Wrote: Are there things I can do to increase this speed?

sell the gtx and buy a radeon.
Yeah, that's the option. You could buy 7790 for same money and it means approximately 2x more performance, maybe more. Lots of fools would buy GTX instead of Radeon out there.
(07-11-2013, 12:35 AM)Kuci Wrote: Yeah, that's the option. You could buy 7790 for same money and it means approximately 2x more performance, maybe more. Lots of fools would buy GTX instead of Radeon out there.

Not sure if fool is the right word! lol... I would prefer to be called uneducated ;-)
(07-11-2013, 12:41 AM)rln11 Wrote: Not sure if fool is the right word! lol... I would prefer to be called uneducated ;-)

LOL !!! I like that, a good one liner ! Smile
To go back to the original question, the speed will be dependent on the number of hashes of your list (actually, the number of salts would be more appropriate). Try an attack on 1 hash, look at the speed and divide that speed by the number of different salt your list has and it should tell you roughly what speed to expect. On my old GTX460, I get about 120M/s so I guess that your hash list is pretty big (>22000).