Possible minor bug in OclHashcat-Plus
Hi,

Guess I found a minor bug in OclHashcat-Plus regarding the 2nd GPU status (when using a PCI expander?)

I've 2 GPU cards and the second one is plugged with a PCI expander. Both cards are from the 5XXX AMD Series but not the same model (1st is a 5850 and the second is a 5770).

Hardware Monitor displays the same utilization, temperature and speed fan data for both cards (it's nearly copying the data from the first into the second). As you can see by the attached file, MSI Afterburner reports a different set of conditions for the 2nd GPU.

It happens no matter what the attack mode or the algorithm.

Specs:
Win7 x64
Device #1: Cypress, 1024MB, 725Mhz, 18MCU - 5850
Device #2: Juniper, 1024MB, 850Mhz, 10MCU - 5770
OclHashcat v0.14
Catalyst 13.1
MSI Afterburner 2.3.1

Thanks,
User

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

if this is a bug, it's likely a bug in the driver or ADL. hashcat just reports what the driver reports. so there's not really anything that can be done in hashcat to fix this.

have you tried without the PCI extender?
epixoip, thanks for replying.

Without the extender I can't plug both cards simultaneously on the MB. If the 2nd GPU is plugged alone, everything works fine and all values are accurate.

I've switched now to the IGP (as a display) with both cards connected and once I run oclhashcat I get a different error (already reported in this forum) - WARN: ADL_Overdrive5_Temperature_Get(): -1

This time, the conditions for card 1 also match the ones presented in MSI Afterburner. Although, it does not present any data related to the 2nd card.

Maybe with the new release, using Cat 13.8, this issue will be resolved.
ADL_Overdrive5_Temperature_Get(): -1 is also often seen due to old GPU bios
I contacted Powercolor giving all the information they needed and seems there is no new bios update for both GPUs. I might check TechPowerUP GPU bios database to see if its for real or not.

Thanks.
(08-19-2013, 04:20 PM)User Wrote: I contacted Powercolor giving all the information they needed and seems there is no new bios update for both GPUs. I might check TechPowerUP GPU bios database to see if its for real or not.

Thanks.

if you're feeling adventurous, you can check http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ for newer BIOSes for your cards. Crossflashing between different manufacturers is OK.

A few tips: Use GPU-Z to find out your device ID and if you find a newer BIOS version, make sure that the device IDs match. Also, the tool for flashing AMD cards(ATiFlash) didn't work for me on my HD2400 Pro so you may need to use the DOS version. YMMV.
Mangix,

5850 seems to have the latest BIOS

5770 (the one with problems) seems to have a quite old bios:

Powercolor 5770
Bios Version: 012.013.000.001.034705 (113-C01001-100)
Device ID: 1002-68B8
Subvendor: ATI(1002)

GPU Clock: 850 Mhz
Memory: 1200 Mhz