Mask Attack/Charset Usage
I need some guidance on how to specify the first character of a password being uppercase while assuming I do not know what types the rest are. I have been through the wiki on the mask attack but I'm a bit new to this and didn't quite understand how to do it based on that criteria. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
mask attack is just brute force with per-position character set. so set the first position to upper alpha (?u), and the rest of the positions to whatever keyspace you want to search. if you want to search the entire keypsace, then use ?a in each position up to the max length you want to search.

pretty simple.
Sweet. Thanks a ton for explaining. I had completely overlooked the ?a mask. That resolved my issue and cracking is going much faster now.

(09-28-2013, 08:07 AM)epixoip Wrote: mask attack is just brute force with per-position character set. so set the first position to upper alpha (?u), and the rest of the positions to whatever keyspace you want to search. if you want to search the entire keypsace, then use ?a in each position up to the max length you want to search.

pretty simple.