Stupid User Needs Help
Hey all,

So I'm new here, but I was hoping that one of the hashcat applications could help me retrieve an email password. Being naive, I thought the process would be self explanatory, but looking at some of the tutorials it doesn't appear to be so.

The email password is my own for an account on Hushmail.com. I changed the password on the account after a different account was hacked and spammed, but either I typed it in wrong or something else happened. I've tried every possible mis-type and variation that I can think of and nothing has worked. The password was only 8 characters, but I used (or intended to use) capitals for some letters, a few numbers, and at least one symbol. The support for Hushmail says they don't store passwords and therefore can't fish it out for me, nor can they reset it. I have so many things linked into that account and desperately need access to it again.

If this kind of password retrieval is possible with hashcat (or any of the variations), can you help me figure out how?

And if it's not, is this kind of retrieval possible through some other program?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Hashcat is an offline attack tool. Maybe something like hyrda is what you want.
(11-21-2013, 09:44 PM)radix Wrote: Hashcat is an offline attack tool. Maybe something like hyrda is what you want.

Hydra? Cool, thank you for the help! I'll turn my search towards that.