recommendation of attack method for wpa
Hello Everyone

I am going to crack wpa. I don't know yet, which gpu I will use (there are a variety at that place). I would like to know what attack method you recommend to use for wpa. My only knowledge about it, is that the passwd length is 10 chars and contains letters and numbers. Probably about 3 capital letters.

Also, should I use the built in combination of letters+numbers in oclhashcat or try to download some world list?

I am quite new to oclhashcat (experienced with various flavors of linux & unix), so please bear with me.
(01-23-2014, 01:03 PM)penguin Wrote: My only knowledge about it, is that the passwd length is 10 chars and contains letters and numbers. Probably about 3 capital letters.

that's probably not enough for wpa to crack it in a reasonable time. If you expect the target to be a normal (altered) word a dictionary attack with rules is worth a try.
(01-23-2014, 02:49 PM)undeath Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 01:03 PM)penguin Wrote: My only knowledge about it, is that the passwd length is 10 chars and contains letters and numbers. Probably about 3 capital letters.

that's probably not enough for wpa to crack it in a reasonable time. If you expect the target to be a normal (altered) word a dictionary attack with rules is worth a try.

It's probably an altered version of the mac address or some other combination of letters and numbers.

Can you suggest some good sites to take wordlists?
if its totally random like a MAC address a wordlist is going to be worthless to you. use some common sense here.. "random" letters and numbers and "dictionary" don't belong in the same sentence.. sounds like bruteforce is your only option... and 10 alpha-numeric with capitals will take u forever Wink