Session / Restore files
Good morning!

I've searched and could not find this- could anyone please explain to me the files involved in oclhashcat sessions? Basically, I'm running a long-ass session using VCL, which is not the most reliable, and want to be able to back up my session every now and then.

So, if I wanted to take a snapshot of the running session, what would I need? Obviously the .restore file, but what else?

Thanks!
(02-13-2014, 04:39 PM)davejcb Wrote: Good morning!

I've searched and could not find this- could anyone please explain to me the files involved in oclhashcat sessions? Basically, I'm running a long-ass session using VCL, which is not the most reliable, and want to be able to back up my session every now and then.

So, if I wanted to take a snapshot of the running session, what would I need? Obviously the .restore file, but what else?

Thanks!

unless you are using the beta, then the hashlist and wordlist+rules+whatever
I don't know about VCL but the latest oclhashcat, as long as nothing changes (hash list, number of GPUs, etc.), you can use --restore to restart where you left. The next release will allow you to split up the workload into several chunks that you can dispatch to many GPUs or many systems. This way, if one of them crashes, you can use --restore on that chunk or specifically redo that chunk. This would also allow you not to use VCL but you would then have to manually start each "chunk" session or build a dispatcher from scratch that does this.