How to
Hi guys

I have a salted MD5 unix hash that i'm trying to decrypt.

I know the password is randomly generated and is 8 charachters long. It is made up of only upper case and numbers.

Is there a rule set or similare that I can use in oclHashcat+ to acheive this?

New to this soft so any help or example would be greatly appreciated

Boe
In your command, simply do -1 ?u?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1. This sets the 1 flag to uppercase chars and digits only, for a length 8 bruteforce. For more info, just do --help.
md5crypt is slow but at least you know how the pass is generated. i recomment you to use maskprocessor and pipe it into oclhc+ (one of oclhc+ feature is reading from stdin):

./mp64.bin -1 ?u?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 | ./oclHashcat+64.bin -m 500 '$1$xxxxxxxx$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

however all upper and digits are 2821109907456 combinations. for example, on my hd5970 i do about 3000k/sec so it would take around 10 days to complete.
Hi,
i tried this setting but this freeze my pc. No crtl-alt-bckspc o other shortcut can help me just physical reset.

I use ubuntu 10.10 with HD5900.

I also tried with 4 char:
./mp64.bin -1 ?u?d ?1?1?1?1 | ./oclHashcat+64.bin -m 500 '$1$xxxxxxxx$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
and it works fine.
With 5 char, same problem.

Anyone has the same problem?
Or better a solution ? Smile

thanks
P.

You can also do it with wordlist + rule like this:

1) Create a 4-character wordlist (in your case uppercase alpha + digits) with all possible combinations and save.

2) Edit that wordlist (with for example ultraedit/column mode) and add a $ ahead of each character like this:

Code:
$A$A$A$0
$A$A$A$1
$A$A$A$2

3) Save the edited wordlist as a rule (and keep the original wordlist as it was).

4) Run the wordlist with the rules (4 chars in the wordlist + 4 more added by rules making 8 chars words).

Feel free to send me a pm if you need further assistance.
you should also try lower workload settings (reduces the speed a bit but keep desktop nearly lag-free):

for -m 500 and AMD gpu use:

--gpu-accel 40 --gpu-loops 128

but the most important thing is to use catalyst 11.4. otherwise you have to deal with 100% cpu load caused by amd driver bugs.
(09-05-2011, 03:23 PM)Gajan Wrote:
Code:
$A$A$A$0
$A$A$A$1
$A$A$A$2

Thank very much, but now also 4 char mask freeze everything.

(09-05-2011, 04:19 PM)atom Wrote: you should also try lower workload settings (reduces the speed a bit but keep desktop nearly lag-free):

but the most important thing is to use catalyst 11.4. otherwise you have to deal with 100% cpu load caused by amd driver bugs.
Before i tried your suggested settings and the output was:

Code:
1000 must be divideable by --gpu-loops

So change --gpu-loops 100

ant it frozen againg.

I reinstalled Catalyst 11.4 driver
[Image: ccckk.th.png]
but still frozen problem.

My Linux version is:
Code:
# uname -a
Linux 2.6.35-30-generic #56-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jul 11 20:01:08 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linu

Any idea?

ps: that's my
try again with 0.06 when its released pls. i think i found a solution.
If It can help you for a better solution,
I noticed that attack based on rules work good, and if i start oclExample.sh and immediately after start bf sometimes it works (then crash for other reason...)

Thanks

Are you over-clocking that GPU at all?

Because I ran some tests on my new ATI 6970 card and it was fine. However the moment i tried any sort of overclocking it would freeze as soon as oclhashcat starts to run.

In my case its on Windows. I'm not sure if its too much work on the GPU and its protecting itself, or if its Windows+ATI Drivers that are unhappy. I'm on Catalyst 11.4

My suggestion, make sure you are not overclocking

Also, use your card's software to force your fan speed to around 60% while cracking. I have a feeling the "automatic" fan speed takes too long to realize the GPU is being hammered and by the time it speeds up to cool the GPU the machine has frozen.

Atom, i know everyone wants speed, but what about a switch to get hashcat to increment its GPU usage in steps. Like 0-20% usage for 1min, then 20-50 for 1-min etc. So that the card/drivers have time to increase the fan speed.

(09-06-2011, 01:04 PM)promo Wrote:
(09-05-2011, 03:23 PM)Gajan Wrote:
Code:
$A$A$A$0
$A$A$A$1
$A$A$A$2

Thank very much, but now also 4 char mask freeze everything.

(09-05-2011, 04:19 PM)atom Wrote: you should also try lower workload settings (reduces the speed a bit but keep desktop nearly lag-free):

Before i tried your suggested settings and the output was:

Code:
1000 must be divideable by --gpu-loops

So change --gpu-loops 100

ant it frozen againg.

I reinstalled Catalyst 11.4 driver
[Image: ccckk.th.png]
but still frozen problem.

My Linux version is:
Code:
# uname -a
Linux 2.6.35-30-generic #56-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jul 11 20:01:08 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linu

Any idea?

ps: that's my