Hashcat 1.20 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Hey all,

I'm running in to some issues getting hashcat 1.20 to work properly.

Drivers: Catalyst 14.4

I followed this guide to do the initial server configuration.

The problem that I'm running in to is after starting hashcat, it hangs on "Generating bitmap tables...".

Code:
$ ./oclHashcat64.bin -m 2500 --status --status-timer=5 --gpu-accel=16 --gpu-loops=128 -r rules/best64.rule linksys.hccap /tmp/list.lst
oclHashcat v1.20 starting...

Generating bitmap tables...

Any suggestions?
Maybe it just takes a while? Just a thought
you can't really claim that you followed that guide since the guide tells you to use ubuntu 12.04 lts, not ubuntu 14.04 lts.

14.04 was just released less than two weeks ago, and is not officially supported by catalyst 14.4. it will likely be several months before we switch our recommendation to 14.04.

your command works perfectly fine for me with catalyst 14.4 on ubuntu 12.04.4. since the driver is not supported on that os, and i don't know of anyone who has tried to run hashcat on that os, it's entirely possible that the configuration is simply not supported yet.
(05-04-2014, 07:35 AM)epixoip Wrote: you can't really claim that you followed that guide since the guide tells you to use ubuntu 12.04 lts, not ubuntu 14.04 lts.

14.04 was just released less than two weeks ago, and is not officially supported by catalyst 14.4. it will likely be several months before we switch our recommendation to 14.04.

your command works perfectly fine for me with catalyst 14.4 on ubuntu 12.04.4. since the driver is not supported on that os, and i don't know of anyone who has tried to run hashcat on that os, it's entirely possible that the configuration is simply not supported yet.

Yes I know...thats why I mentioned specifically what OS i was running...FYI - The guide says its based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Catalyst 13.12 (at the top of the guide), but has you install Catalyst 14.4 in the actual text. You might want to update that.

Anyway...I installed the Desktop version of 14.04 LTS, and was able to get it working with the Catalyst 14.4 drivers. I must have messed something up in my server install. Thank you all for the kind suggestions.