oclHashcat64 stuck on "Generating bitmap tables..."
I had goodluck with Hashcat on my nvidia desktop (big thanks!!!!!).

But... On my freshly re-installed Win7 AMD (AMD Radeon HD 6520G) laptop (plus I did updates, .net, c++, etc, and amd 14.4 driver) when I launch oclHashcat via gui I see:

Quote:oclHashcat v1.20 starting...

Generating bitmap tables....

Then it just sits there and freezes

Any tips? What am I missing?
Maybe you have the same problem as described here?

http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-3345.html

Could be an issue of oclhashcat... Now that it is confirmed on 2 completely different OS's. @atom Smile
guess the budget gpus don't like some of the algorithms, try easy ones like md5. or maybe the number of hashes, try with a single hash
(05-08-2014, 11:17 AM)atom Wrote: guess the budget gpus don't like some of the algorithms, try easy ones like md5. or maybe the number of hashes, try with a single hash

The exact same settings & hccap file worked on my other PC. Try easy ones? Sounds like this bug has been reported before, try fixing it.

Thanks
... yeah, he is trying to fix it. that's why he's asking you to do more extensive testing to try to pinpoint where the problem occurs, and where it doesn't.
I get the same issue.
Win 7, HD 7970.
On my box it stucks with :
- MSSQL 2000 (-m 131), huge wordlist (12go) no rulefiles, allow raw dict attack.
- MSSQL 2000 (-m 131), small wordlist (300mo) + best64.rule file
BUT works with :
- MSSQL 2000 (-m 131), small wordlist (300mo), no rules.
maybe opencl.dll issue. remove catalyst, then manually delete opencl.dll in windows folder (because driver does not remove it), then reinstall driver
(05-09-2014, 05:31 PM)atom Wrote: maybe opencl.dll issue. remove catalyst, then manually delete opencl.dll in windows folder (because driver does not remove it), then reinstall driver

Reviving an old thread but I also had this issue which is described happen to me and found this one on a websearch

My setup
hashcat version: 1.30
hash: sha1
GPU: AMD 7970
Drivers: linux-amd-catalyst-14.6-beta-v1.0-jul11.zip

oclHashcat.log had no details of any issues.

command line:
./oclHashcat64.bin --gpu-temp-abort=85 --gpu-temp-retain=75 -m 100 -a 0 -rrules/nothing
hashes wordlistx

my nothing rules file contents is a single line with : character

After running another test with a diff wordlist and rule the the previous command started working unexpectedly.