Maskprocessor file size
(06-01-2014, 09:08 PM)undeath Wrote: sure.
Oh... I didn't know that... I will try it asap! By the way, do you know if I can run this command through cygwin on windows?
Thanx a lot undeath!
I prefer msys, but cygwin should work just as well.
(06-01-2014, 09:23 PM)undeath Wrote: I prefer msys, but cygwin should work just as well.

Thanx a lot my friend.
(06-01-2014, 08:37 PM)2die4 Wrote: I used maskprocessor because I can't create the same mask in oclhashcat. I am referring to -r [...] Is there a way to do this directly in oclhashcat?

i don't know what algorithm you are working with, but the difference between reducing the keyspace with no acceleration and brute forcing the entire keyspace with acceleration is not always trivial.

your approach (piping maskprocessor into oclHashcat) will work fine for slow algorithms, but for fast algorithms, it very well may be faster to brute force the entire keyspace with gpu acceleration, or to brute force the reduced keyspace on cpu. choose your tools wisely.
I am working with the WPA2 algorithm, and I want to produce passwords which do not contain 2 same characters. I didn't find a way to do this with a mask in oclhashcat. That's why I used this mask with the -r 2 option in maskprocessor. Straight brute forcing is out of the question.