oclHashcat AMD problem
GPU = Radeon HD 6770M
CPU = (HP dv6 i5 Notebook)

I have problem with oclHashcat
ERROR: Temperature limit on GPU 1 reached, aborting...

It heat up so quickly and it doesn't even show any session detail, so that i could restart from that specific point again.
Any help woud be appreciated. Thanks
Don't use oclHashcat on this notebook if you don't wan't to get brick with dead gpu in near future, they damage itself using for internet browsing only, not talking about gpgpu applications.
(06-02-2014, 04:23 PM)KT819GM Wrote: Don't use oclHashcat on this notebook if you don't wan't to get brick with dead gpu in near future, they damage itself using for internet browsing only, not talking about gpgpu applications.

Oops! Thanks for informing.
Will "Nvidia GT 220" work, having CPU=Core2duo?

Is oclHashcat that harmful? Sad isn't there nay other normal cracker ?
You don't understand situation. It's not about cracker. oclHashcat is way superior hash crunching software and because of that it utilize your gpu to it's limits.Your gpu heat's up quickly as a result of high utilize and low thermal cooling inside your laptop. You can put your fan manually to 100% and you can work, but in practice it's harmful to use mobile gpu's for such tasks because of it's thermal solutions. People who need to use oclHashcat usually have normal tower for that task and use laptop only to ssh into it. Hope now told more clearly.
(06-02-2014, 08:29 PM)KT819GM Wrote: You don't understand situation. It's not about cracker. oclHashcat is way superior hash crunching software and because of that it utilize your gpu to it's limits.Your gpu heat's up quickly as a result of high utilize and low thermal cooling inside your laptop. You can put your fan manually to 100% and you can work, but in practice it's harmful to use mobile gpu's for such tasks because of it's thermal solutions. People who need to use oclHashcat usually have normal tower for that task and use laptop only to ssh into it. Hope now told more clearly.

Ok i have Desktop (Tower) PC Core2duo + Nvidia GT 220 GPU.
Is it fine for oclHashcat?
should work, but using such a slow gpu will probably not help much.
(06-03-2014, 09:46 AM)undeath Wrote: should work, but using such a slow gpu will probably not help much.

Is there any System Requirements for oclHashcat i can't find any.
obviously a nvidia/amd gpu with cuda/opencl support. Besides that you don't need anything funky.