uninstall catalyst [resolved]
#1
So I have a perfectly working catalyst 13.x/oclhashcat1.01 installation.
But I can't update because I can't remove catalyst 13.

Code:
user@brutev2:~$ sudo aticonfig --uninstall AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver Uninstall is corrupt. Uninstall script 'fglrx-uninstall.sh' is missing.

just to be sure:
Code:
sudo sh /usr/share/ati/amd-uninstall.sh AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver Uninstall is corrupt. Uninstall script 'fglrx-uninstall.sh' is missing.

and dpkg -l | grep fglrx comes back blank.

can someone point me to instructions for removing it manually? or will --force work well enough?
#2
Big Grin 
K, turns out there was a relatively easy solution. I can delete this thread if needed.

ran the installer for the version of the driver I had with --extract
Code:
$ sudo sh ./amd-catalyst-13.12-linux-x86.x86_64.run --extract Created directory fglrx-install.noDM9j Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver-13.251......... $ sudo chmod -R 777 fglrx-install.noDM9j/ $ cd fglrx-install.noDM9j/ $ sudo sh ./fglrx-uninstall.sh $ sudo reboot
14.4 still said the old driver was there so I did it one more time with --force
Code:
$ cd fglrx-install.noDM9j/ $ sudo sh ./fglrx-uninstall.sh --force Forcing uninstall of AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver. No integrity verification is done. cat: /usr/share/ati/libGLdir.txt: No such file or directory rm: cannot remove `/usr/share/ati/libGLdir.txt': No such file or directory restore of system environment completed Uninstall fglrx driver complete. For detailed log of uninstall, please see /etc/ati/fglrx-uninstall.log System must be rebooted to avoid system instability and potential data loss. $ sudo reboot

install 14.4 like normal.

works now :-)>