Noob question on command line cudahashcat64
I'm trying to define a command line to crack the NTML hashes of Windows7
I've created a few to test my "script" They are relatively easy and should take seconds to crack, with no results.

cudaHashcat64.exe -t 32 -m 1000 -a 3 ntlm.hash ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a -i --increment-min=7 --increment-max=7 -o=hashresults.txt
pause

When I created the test hashes I went to "http://www.tobtu.com/lmntlm.php" set them up with upper & lower case along with numbers. I will however need the script to look at special characters as well in the future, hence the ?a. Also future consideration the min password length will be 8 char.

This is part of the status output.
Session.Name...: cudaHashcat
Status.........: Exhausted
Input.Mode.....: Mask (?a?a?a?a?a?a?a) [7]
Hash.Target....: File (ntlm.hash)
Hash.Type......: NTLM
Time.Started...: Thu Aug 07 10:32:00 2014 (4 secs)
Time.Estimated.: 0 secs
Speed.GPU.#1...: 2722.4 MH/s
Speed.GPU.#2...: 2714.7 MH/s
Speed.GPU.#3...: 2718.1 MH/s
Speed.GPU.#4...: 2713.4 MH/s
Speed.GPU.#*...: 10868.6 MH/s
Recovered......: 0/8 (0.00%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts
Progress.......: 34359738368/34359738368 (100.00%)
Skipped........: 0/34359738368 (0.00%)
Rejected.......: 0/34359738368 (0.00%)
HWMon.GPU.#1...: 0% Util, 40c Temp, N/A Fan
HWMon.GPU.#2...: 0% Util, 40c Temp, N/A Fan
HWMon.GPU.#3...: 36% Util, 40c Temp, N/A Fan
HWMon.GPU.#4...: 50% Util, 40c Temp, N/A Fan

I'm using a FRED quad GPU liquid cooled.
Why do you use -t 32 ? Do you know what that command line option means?

Also, the generated hashes must correspond to plains of length 7 (exactly).
the -i (or --increment*) doesn't hurt, but is useless in that specific command, since min and max are identical
(08-07-2014, 05:11 PM)philsmd Wrote: Why do you use -t 32 ? Do you know what that command line option means?

the -i (or --increment*) doesn't hurt, but is useless in that specific command, since min and max are identical

I don't know what the -t is, I copied it from another example. As for the increment if I know the min and max length wouldn't it shorten the processing time? Regardless of my lack of expertise with the tool, can you provide any constructive advise as to why the hashes aren't found?

Example:
Password:HiKoTeE
NTML Hash:
5C55443CE5EA9FFF6372DB5FD1EBBE6D
from help:
-t, --markov-threshold=NUM Threshold when to stop accepting new markov-chains

so if you set the threshold very low, it is clear that it won't be cracked (but this clearly depends on markov )

Hence, don't just copy any random comman line parameter, but try to understand it please.
Also read the wiki ( https://hashcat.net/wiki/ ), especially if you are new to hashat.

Furthermore, according to this forum rules that you've accepted, you shouldn't post hashes ( http://hashcat.net/forum/announcement-2.html ).
(08-07-2014, 05:56 PM)mblanke Wrote:
(08-07-2014, 05:11 PM)philsmd Wrote: Why do you use -t 32 ? Do you know what that command line option means?

I don't know what the -t is, I copied it from another example. As for the increment if I know the min and max length wouldn't it shorten the processing time? Regardless of my lack of expertise with the tool, can you provide any constructive advise as to why the hashes aren't found?

Example:
Password:HiKoTeE
NTML Hash:
5C55443CE5EA9FFF6372DB5FD1EBBE6D

Quote:i see 3 problems with your command line, as "philsmd" mentioned the -t is not needed nor is --increment-max as "?a?a?a?a?a?a?a" will define your maximum and also the "-o" command is for a different attack mode -a 1 not -a 3 for a mask attack try this command

cudaHashcat64.exe -m 1000 -a 3 ntlm.hash ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a -i --increment-min=7 --session=ntlm

cracked hashes will appear in the hashcat terminal/cmd once cracked

with the above command you can also quit the attack and resume it later with this command

cudaHashcat64.exe --session=ntlm --restore

for a full list of command options type

cudaHashcat64.exe --help

and make sure you got the right hash type selected (-m)

good luck and have fun ;P