WPA crack not working in Windows Environment
I captured a cap file with airodump-ng. I then performed the wpaclean and aircrack-ng -J on the cap file. Hashcat successfully loads the hccap file in the The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)-linux environment and proceeds to crack the hash. If I copy the hccap file to my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit desktop and attempt to use oclhashcat64.exe on the exact same hash file, I get "Invalid EAPOL SIZE" "ERROR: NO HASHES LOADED". In Windows, I am using oclhashcat 1.31. I have also tried using the converter on hashcat.net, but I have the same problem (only in Windows).

Any ideas?
A little more info. I copied the hccap file my Windows 7 HE laptop and using hashcat-0.47 it returns the same error as my Desktop (Invalid EAPOL size). For troubleshooting purposes I copied the entire hashcat-0.47 directory to my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux and I everything runs fine.
Afaik aircrack-ng -J already utilizes wpaclean.
Why won't you try making a hccap file with just that?
Unfortunately I have already tried that. I'm really stumped why the hccap file will work in Linux but not Windows.
The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) using older version?
This may prove useful
actually this sounds like a bug in the windows version (compiler bug?)
Strangely, I tried cracking an old hccap file that I had previously prepared and it works within Windows. There seems to be something in the new hccap file that is preventing it to work in Windows.
**SOLVED**

This may be a duh to you guys, but I found my problem. I was creating the hccap file in Linux and then transferring the file via FTP to my Windows machine. The FTP transfer is doing something to the file that prevents the Windows hashcat from being able to use it. If I transfer the file via flash drive, all is well.

Can someone tell me why the FTP is corrupting the file?
Sorry to keep replying to my own posts, but I changed my FTP transfer to binary and it does not seem to corrupt the files.
(10-29-2014, 10:57 PM)slawson Wrote: Can someone tell me why the FTP is corrupting the file?

transferring the file in ascii mode instead of binary mode.