ERROR: oclHashcat.induct: Operation not permitted
Hey folks,

I need to upgrade my oclHashcat installation (since it's preventing me from running an outdated version of hashcat) to 1.31. Unfortunately I am getting the following error:

ERROR: oclHashcat.induct: Operation not permitted

I have a bunch of diskless ubuntu nodes that are mounting their filesystem using nfs.

I have tried using --restore-disable to disable this error (I don't even know if that's the correction option for it). I have also tried specifying a different output directory, to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this error?

Rusty
The solution is to chown+chmod the oclHashcat directory. The workaround is to supply a different path for the induction directory, via the --induction-dir switch.
I'll try with the flag.

It's weird because I'm running it out of my home folder and I have perms all the way through. I've tried setting the induct folder to 777 with no luck either.

I will update after I test the flag.
That seemed to get me a bit farther. However I am now running into an issue with the bitmap tables.

oclHashcat v1.31 starting...

Generating bitmap tables...Segmentation fault
This smells like a driver issue. I currently have 14.4 installed, but according to (https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=ocl..._forceware), I should install 13.1 or 13.4 for beta, although I am not quite sure how current that documentation is...
This wiki is outdated, you need exactly 14.9 for 1.31.