WPA-WPA2-PSK test: crack failed
Question 
Hi at all.
For tests, I will try to crack two my WPA test key.
I use The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and aircrak-ng... well, now I have rhe handsake and the cap files, then I converted with
aircrack-ng <out.cap> -J <out.hccap>

the first file has is for the key 12121212 and with a brute force attack I will find in few seconds. perfect.
for the second file the key is mao1mao1: I don't wait more time, and I create a simple dictionary.txt with 6 lines, one of this is mao1mao1
ok: -m 2500 -a 0 file.hccap dictionary.txt.... but nothing. recovered 0/1.

the configuration is: oclhashcat 1.32, win7 32 bit, Catalyst 14.9, ATI 5850

any ideas?
Sometimes it helps to use one or more of these tools:
- wpaclean + cap2hccap
- aircrack -J (you already tried this)
- wpaclean + aircrack -J (does this really make any difference)
- cap2hccap

Especially if the resulting hccap files differ, it is very likely that there is a problem (maybe also with one of these tools or at least they "act" differently) or (more likely?) a bad capture etc.

Maybe you can try repeating these WPA captures and see if and when they work and when they fail.
Please also report if you get different output from those tool (chains) listed above
Thx
Yo mate,

would you happen to be using Windows to create the dictonary? If yes, please try creating the same thing in backtrack/The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) (but just place the entries by typing them in). Windows has some specific approach to adding some EOL or other char a the end of a line.

Let me know if it helps!
It did happen to me too, with dictionary attack for testing my wifi.
Make sure there's no empty space after your words in the dictionary.
Backspace all you empty space after each words..(sometime copy and paste will do that, copying the empty space depending how you place your cursor

exemple:
dictionary inside

mao1
mao1mao2
mao1mao1 | <-- blinking cursor (wrong)
mao1mao1| <-- blinking cursor (good)

the save the file