Speeding up hashcat mac osx
I've managed to configure hashcat to crack some hashes on mac osx, the only problem is it is rather slow and i have approx 1500 hashes i want to crack. according to hashcat it would take a few days for this to occur.

my question is, is there any way of increasing CPU usage for hashcat to make it faster or is it already set to fastest possible settings?

Incase anyone needs reference to how i set it up http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-4211-pos...l#pid24495

also im trying to crack phpass, MD5(Wordpress), MD5(phpBB3), MD5(Joomla) hashes, so far 7 cracked out of a possible 1500 but it has already taken many hours.

Thanks in advance!
The algos you are trying to crack are slow even on GPU so you are probably already at the fastest setting. Your best bet is to try to crack the Joomla it's not as slow as the 3 others that you mentioned.
(04-18-2015, 06:47 PM)mastercracker Wrote: The algos you are trying to crack are slow even on GPU so you are probably already at the fastest setting. Your best bet is to try to crack the Joomla it's not as slow as the 3 others that you mentioned.

Ok thanks, appreciate the response