Making it work on Ubuntu 15.04 + GeForce 8600 GT
Hello there!

I'm trying to use oclHashcat v.136 on an Ubuntu 15.04 machine running Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM and GeForce 8600 GT 512MB.

I'm using the latest NVIDIA driver version (340.76) installed from Additional Drivers screen on System Settings.

However, every time I try to run cudaHashcat64.bin, I got an "No NVidia compatible platform found" error message.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't it work?

Thank you!
(05-04-2015, 10:27 PM)paulofreitas Wrote: I'm using the latest NVIDIA driver version (340.76) installed from Additional Drivers screen on System Settings. [...] Am I missing something? Shouldn't it work?

No. As you can see on the download page:

Quote:NV users require ForceWare 346.x or later

Do not install the driver from APT or from the "Additional Drivers" screen, download the latest stable driver (346.59) directly from geforce.com
@epixoip Thanks for your response! Smile

Hmm, the latest stable driver for this GPU on GeForce website is also 340.76... so this GeForce series aren't supported, I guess? :/

Looking for newer GeForce models through their driver search it does return the newer 346.59 driver. Unfortunately, it does not mention my GeForce model on the list of supported products. Should it work no matter it isn't listed there or I lost the battle? Tongue
Oh shit, I didn't even notice you said you had an 8600. Yes, Nvidia dropped support for that GPU. You will not be able to use cudaHashcat with it.
NVidia dropped support for my laptop card too, latest supported is 340.76. Is it possible to run an older version of hc using this driver?
Check out the previous version section here on the bottom of the page: https://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/

You may need to set back your system date to workaround the timebomb.

PS: Update your hardware Smile