A few questions about the R9 290x
This is my first post, I have just built my first system and I need some help getting the most out of it.

I am getting 190 kh/s per 290x when brute forcing against a wpa2 hash, but I have heard people say they get over 200 kh/s per card.

Is there something I should do to optimize my system?

Also I read an article titled AMD R9 290X As Fast As Titan X in DX12 Enabled 3DMark – 33% Faster Than GTX 980.

This made me wonder if dx12 will make r9 290x faster for password cracking.

thanks
Over clocking the cards will increase the performance. I get 195 kH/s in my benchmark for the 290x. Direct X has nothing to do with hash cracking..
Heh yeah, graphics performance is irrelevant for hash cracking. Titan X slaughters 290X.
(05-26-2015, 05:22 AM)epixoip Wrote: Heh yeah, graphics performance is irrelevant for hash cracking. Titan X slaughters 290X.

Yes I saw your bechmarks for the titan x, simply amazing.

But The 390x and 390x wce are coming out in about a month, I am hoping that they put a whooping on the titan x. ( its too expensive).

I know you guys aren't fans of water cooled cards, but I was wondering if you planned on doing any benchmarks/tests with the new amd cards?

Also will the price drop on all gpus when the 390x comes out, or will it be older amd only cards that become cheaper?
If the 390X is anything like it is rumored to be, I won't even bother benchmarking it.