oclHashcat on desktop apu and decryt
i would like to know which is the correct command line for decrypt a sha512 hash file
Code:
./oclHashcat-1.36/oclHashcat64.bin -m 1800 -a 3 -o found file.hash --force -i ?a?a?a?a?a?a ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a --powertune-enable
searching for plain text that is between 6 and 15 with no more thant 3 subsequent similar chars . thanks for help in forward.
what error are you getting and why do you use --force?
I did not receive any error, I did not remember very well but it seemed that without --force option told me that the driver is not known to work properly/trustfully with my desktop apu (if needed it is a a8-5500 3.2ghz 256strem processor trinity arch and 3.7ghz boost do not work). tested with known couple of password and its hash worked properly.
I am looking for some help to filter only password with length between 6 and 15 chars with no more than 3 subsequent similar chars. With the given commmand line the search start from 1 char long password forward not from 6 char one.
The general rule is: if you use --force you should not report problems or ask for help to troubleshoot

The increment question was answered at least thousands of times in the forum and on IRC, well it even got its on question(s) in the FAQ: FAQ: --increment-min
(in addition to that if you just have a glance at the --help output, it directly links --increment, or short -i, with --increment-min and --increment-max)
my fault i'm sorry