line length exception, and yes I read the FAQ
I have been working with hashcat for about a week now and have it running on my local box as well as a couple of EC2 instances.  I wanted to run a simple test with a 4 character password protected 7z archive to make sure all this work and computation I was shoving at this archive of mine I was trying to get into wasn't all for not and I was approaching this correctly.

So I created a 7z archive with a 4 character password, file names not encrypted, just like the archive I was trying to crack.  I ran it through 7z2hashcat.pl and saved the output to file.

When I try to run cudahashcat64, I get a line length exception.  I read the faq, checked for white space, I know I am using the correct hash type, and there is no username in the hash.  I know the file is there, and have been running hashcat with the same reference to other files without issue.  I even put the hash directly in the commandline:

cudahashcat64 -a 3 "<hash>" test.hcmask -w 2

I looked at the hash and it appears to be one character shorter then the one from the archive I am tyring to crack.  I don't know if that is because I used a shorter password or what.  I pulled the hash twice just to make sure.

Any idea what is going on?  Please help, thanks.
You're not telling Hashcat that the hash is 7zip.
(07-28-2015, 09:08 PM)epixoip Wrote: You're not telling Hashcat that the hash is 7zip.

Duh.  Thank you so much.