Poll: GPU for hash cracking
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nvidia Quadro K4200
0%
0 0%
Nvidia Quadro K5200
33.33%
1 33.33%
2x Nvidia Titan X
66.67%
2 66.67%
2x or more Nvidia 980Ti
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Nvidia Quadro VS Titan X for GPU Hash cracking
Hello Members,

I was wondering if anyone benchmarked or tested one or any of the following Nvidia cards with hashcat

Nvidia Quadro K4200 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Nvidia Quadro K5200 8GB GDDR5 GPU

If so, can you share the benchmark data for the following hash types?

Hashtype: MD4
Workload: 1024 loops, 256 accel

Hashtype: WPA/WPA2
Workload: 1024 loops, 32 accel

Also any advice if I should go for one of the cards listed above or am I better off buying 2 Titan X cards (since they cost roughly half of what the K4200 does) would be appreciated.

I am planning on building a powerful Password Cracking server and here are the specs so far:

Chassis: SYSE7047GRETRF

Motherboard: X9DRG-QF

Processor: Intel Xeon E5E2620 Processor (2.0GHz/ 6C/ 15MB)

Memory:
Crucial 16GB PC3E12800 1600MHz RDIMM Registered Server Memory

Storage: Seagate 4TB 7.2K 3.5” SATA Enterprise Drive

GPU: Nvidia Quadro K4200 4GB GDDR5 GPU

OR

GPU: Nvidia Quadro K5200 8GB GDDR5 GPU

I think I am good with the specs, my biggest concern (as with any GPU hash cracking server) is the GPU configurations.

Thanks
If you're looking to build a powerful hash password cracking server then you're definitely on the wrong track with the Quadro cards.

First, those cards are Keppler, and Keppler sucks for password cracking. Second, GTX, Quadro, and Tesla all use the exact same GPU chips, they are just underclocked in Quadro and Tesla models. So the GTX variant of the card will always be faster than their Quadro and Tesla counterparts. The K4200 is basically an underclocked GTX 760 Ti, and the K5200 is basically an underclocked GTX 780. Both of which are terrible for password cracking.

The Titan X, on the other hand, is the fastest GPU available for password cracking. So this is kind of a no-brainer.

But if you did not know this basic information, then you may be in over your head trying to build a password cracking server. You should do more research and probably start small.
(10-08-2015, 02:51 AM)epixoip Wrote: If you're looking to build a powerful hash password cracking server then you're definitely on the wrong track with the Quadro cards.

First, those cards are Keppler, and Keppler sucks for password cracking. Second, GTX, Quadro, and Tesla all use the exact same GPU chips, they are just underclocked in Quadro and Tesla models. So the GTX variant of the card will always be faster than their Quadro and Tesla counterparts. The K4200 is basically an underclocked GTX 760 Ti, and the K5200 is basically an underclocked GTX 780. Both of which are terrible for password cracking.

The Titan X, on the other hand, is the fastest GPU available for password cracking. So this is kind of a no-brainer.

But if you did not know this basic information, then you may be in over your head trying to build a password cracking server. You should do more research and probably start small.

Thanks for replying.

I did do my research and I came to the conclusion that you have mentioned above, I just wanted to confirm that I didn't miss or misunderstand something.

I already have a running system with a single Titan X and couldn't be happier with it's performance. However, it was time to upgrade with a 4U form Rackmount form factor and add GPUs.

That being said, I will deficiently go for another Titan X or two.

Thanks again for the quick response.