R9 290 WPA Speed.
Hi Everyone.    I'm just getting back to using oclHascat after a long time away.

I've installed it on Ubuntu Server as per the wiki and it's all up and running with the latest V1.37 release

I have a few R9 290's but I'm still getting it setup so have been testing with just one. Question is when I run the benchmark WPA is showing me 165K.

I've got a capture from my own network and run 'oclHashcat64.bin -a 3 -m 2500 /media/usb/Vm.hccap ?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?"

The hashes per second are only averaging 78K.

Am I missing something as in the past I used to get higher than this with 5870's?
(10-07-2015, 01:53 PM)ziggycat Wrote: Hi Everyone.    I'm just getting back to using oclHascat after a long time away.

I've installed it on Ubuntu Server as per the wiki and it's all up and running with the latest V1.37 release

I have a few R9 290's but I'm still getting it setup so have been testing with just one. Question is when I run the benchmark WPA is showing me 165K.

I've got a capture from my own network and run 'oclHashcat64.bin -a 3 -m 2500 /media/usb/Vm.hccap ?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?"

The hashes per second are only averaging 78K.

Am I missing something as in the past I used to get higher than this with 5870's?

How many handshake do you have in the pcap? 2 handshakes could explain that drop in speed... I think
Thanks mrleau... I'll check it later and see.
Do not forget -w 3