Can any forensic tool discern the password length?
Hi all,

I have been using hashcat a little while, and I am familiar with similar tools,  jtr and pyrit.
I've also started using The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)'s crunch, wifite, fern, etc.

This is perhaps not so much a question about hashcat per se, but a general question about the collective attack tools (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali), hashcat, etc.)

I am testing cracking on  a wpa2 wireless network hash, and one thing that would be extremely useful in a brute-force attack is if any of these tools could discern the actual, specific length of the target password- i.e, "10 characters",  "25 characters", etc., so one could know and plan the attack accordingly.
Is that possible with any of the tools?
It's one thing to have to make 95^10 or 95^25 guesses, but another to have to add them all up in between- 95^10 +95^11+....95^25 is loads more work/time and processing.

Thanks ahead!
No, this is not possible (that we know of.)
Thank you.

So it's either let the processor run indefinitely 24x7, or cleverly deduce/induce other means to pare down the number of guesses attempted, I suppose.

Cheers
when cracking wireless networks i usually find it useful to look up the make of the route and the isp and this way get an idea of the password lenght and characters used.
often if you google images of the router it shows the sticker on the back with the password.