Permission Denied
Exclamation 
I've had this problem for quite sometime, i just decided to have other people crack hashes for me when I needed them but I'm bored and this is really starting to piss me off. I can't seem to fix this problem, everytime i try to crack a hash i get 

ERROR: C:\Users\myusername\documents\oclHashcat-1.37\rules: Permission Denied

I've tried taking ownership , changing the permissions of the folder , changing the permissions of CMD.exe ... literally everything. The only thing i've found weird was that the folders were set to read-only and ive tried to uncheck the box and apply and click ok , then i check the folders again and it still fucking saying read-only! Then i've noticed that if i click properties on some files at the bottom is says "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer." ... anyone else run into the same problem? Got a solution?

Please help Sad
If you want to permanently get rid of the "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" message that gets auto-applied to all downloaded executables you can do this...

1. Copy and paste everything you see in the box below into Notepad then save it as "temp.reg" and run it
(make sure you're logged in as Administrator).

Quote:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]
"DefaultFileTypeRisk"=dword:00001808
"LowRiskFileTypes"=".ade;.adp;.bas;.bat;.bin;.chm;.cmd;.com;.cpl;.crt;.dll;.doc;.docx;.exe;.gadget;.hlp;.hta;.inf;.ins;.inx;.isp;.isu;.job;.js;.jse;.lnk;.mdb;.msc;.msi;.msp;.mst;.ocx;.paf;.pcd;.pdf;.pif;.pot;.ppt;.ps;.reg;.rgs;.scr;.sct;.shb;.shs;.sys;.u3p;.url;.vb;.vbe;.vbs;.vbscript;.ws;.wsc;.wsf;.wsh;.xls;.xlsx;"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]
"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001

You can also make the same change in Group Policy editor...

2. Click the Start Menu and type "gpedit.msc" into the search box

3. Go into User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager

4. Enable the following settings:

Do not preserve zone information in file attachments
Default risk level for file attachments (set to "Low Risk")
Inclusion list for low file types (add ".cmd;.dll;.exe;" to the list)

Reboot your computer. Delete your hashcat folder then re-download it and try again.
That didn't fix anything, I already tried that!
C:\Users\****\Documents\oclHashcat-1.37>oclHashcat64.exe -m 100 -o cracked.txt --remove hash1.txt C:\Users\****\Documents\oclHashcat-1.36\wordlists -r C:\Users\hacking\Documents\oclHashcat-1.37\rules
oclHashcat v1.37 starting...

Generating bitmap tables with 16 bits...

ERROR: C:\Users\****\Documents\oclHashcat-1.37\rules: Permission denied
-r expects a file.
You would know that by reading the --help.
You also don't need to use full paths, relative paths will work just fine. Will make your command line easier to read, and easier to spot errors like this one.