Sequencing Rules
Is there a way of sequencing a series of rules through oclHashcat? Perhaps putting the rules in a folder and using the command -r <rulesfolder>? or something similar?
for r in rules/*; do ./oclHashcat ... -r $r; done
(12-18-2015, 08:57 AM)epixoip Wrote: for r in rules/*; do ./oclHashcat ... -r $r; done

cudaHashcat64.bin' -m 0 -a 0 '/media/f14/Transcend/Stratfor/stratfor.hash' -r $'/home/f14/Downloads/cudaHashcat-2.01/rules/good_rules' --remove -o stratcrack.txt

Generating bitmap tables with 17 bits...

and just hung up.

I'm not clear on what I'm doing wrong.
Just run ./cudaHashcat64.bin, it will show you cudaHashcat's usage.
Looks like you're doing quite a bit wrong. Damn near everything, in fact.
(12-19-2015, 01:21 AM)epixoip Wrote: Looks like you're doing quite a bit wrong. Damn near everything, in fact.

Well, that wasn't helpful. Perhaps then the Wiki documentation is poor.
Documentation is fine, I just don't think you understand what you're typing.

Let's start with the fact you're missing a wordlist in the above attack. You also have options specified after the arguments. And then there's this...

Quote:-r $'/home/f14/Downloads/cudaHashcat-2.01/rules/good_rules'

What is that supposed to be?
(12-19-2015, 01:46 AM)epixoip Wrote: Documentation is fine, I just don't think you understand what you're typing.

Let's start with the fact you're missing a wordlist in the above attack. You also have options specified after the arguments. And then there's this...

Quote:-r $'/home/f14/Downloads/cudaHashcat-2.01/rules/good_rules'

What is that supposed to be?

That was my attempt at following your directions for sequencing rules that were in a folder or sub-directory.

I see that I omitted the wordlist.
Hm, do you know what a loop is?
(12-19-2015, 05:25 AM)epixoip Wrote: Hm, do you know what a loop is?

Conceptually, yes. Specifically, no.