Disable message about outdated version
Hello. I use a CentOS6 and hashcat 1.37. New version (2.01) does not work on this os:
Quote:./cudaHashcat64.bin: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./cudaHashcat64.bin)

./cudaHashcat64.bin: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./cudaHashcat64.bin)
How can i disable HC message about new version?
You can compile the program yourself from the source code on github.
Not work Sad Make die on
"make: *** [obj/shared.oclHashcat.NATIVE.o] Error 1"
May be exists solution more simpler? Disable check with /etc/hosts record or iptables rule.
You must not know what libc is.
Yes. Is it realy to start the old hashcat without magic and hand compilation?
hashcat was compiled with a newer (and incompatible) C library than the one installed on your system. You have two choices: upgrade your C library, or recompile hashcat for your old C library. This is not some arbitrary check that hashcat is doing, this message is from the C library itself. It cannot be circumvented with an iptables rule as you suggested.
(01-12-2016, 08:55 PM)epixoip Wrote: hashcat was compiled with a newer (and incompatible) C library than the one installed on your system. You have two choices: upgrade your C library, or recompile hashcat for your old C library. This is not some arbitrary check that hashcat is doing, this message is from the C library itself. It cannot be circumvented with an iptables rule as you suggested.

I just thinked what hashcat show me message about outdated (1.37) by request to server and get info about new version. Troubles i have only with v2 from glibc. On CentOS6 no fresh glibc (now check updates) for hashcat version 2.
No, this has absolutely nothing to do with the timebomb.