Building a new beast
While hunting around I saw a wiki on bitcoin mining. I know its not what we are doing but working hashes with GPU's are basicaly the same right? Can I use the chart there to figure out a nice system for hashcat?

When you guys are talking about heat with multiple cards are you all doing water cooling on the cards?II don't mind the noise just hate the idea of one more thing to worry about with water cooling. I will if I have to I would just rather not.
(09-22-2011, 04:02 AM)It_security Wrote: While hunting around I saw a wiki on bitcoin mining. I know its not what we are doing but working hashes with GPU's are basicaly the same right? Can I use the chart there to figure out a nice system for hashcat?

When you guys are talking about heat with multiple cards are you all doing water cooling on the cards?II don't mind the noise just hate the idea of one more thing to worry about with water cooling. I will if I have to I would just rather not.
Here's my take on that. It is all relative on what you can pay, how much cracking power you want to get and how much space you have. In terms of heat dissipation, if you can space out your cards in your case, you might be able to keep them running 100% without them to crash but your temperature are going to be very high (around 90°C). If they are in contiguous spots then forget it, the top card will suck the heat and go in overtemp, crash and maybe die. Watercooling makes an amazing difference if you want to put many video cards on your board. I just have watercooled my very noisy GTX 470 and went from having trouble to keep it under 90°C to a steady 40°C. Ok, I cheat a little because I have a triple radiator that cools only that card but it is a noticeable difference. You can even buy the cards with the waterblock pre-installed on them if you don't want to mess to much with it.