Need help with cudaHashcat and The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)
Question 
Hello, I've been trying to find directions on how to install Nvidia drivers and the CUDA toolkit for cudaHashcat but each site recommends different ways. This is what I've done so far:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r)
apt-get install nvidia-kernel-dkms

This from the The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) documentation for installing NVIDIA drivers. nvidia-kernel-dkms actually gives me an error saying it does not support the card I have (GeForce GTX 260). It recommended a legacy pacakge. I installed the legacy package and things went OK. Then the The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) website provides instructions on how to disable the "Nouveau" driver which I presume is the default video driver. It says to modify a line in "/etc/default/grub" which does not exist in my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 2.0 distro. I looked up what GRUB is, and it appears to be a boot manager. I'm using The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 2.0 USB Persistence so I suppose this is why GRUB does not exist. So I completely skipped this step and rebooted. "glxinfo" says direct rendering is on. Then the The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) documentation says to go to /usr/share/oclHashcat-plus which does not exist in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 2.0 either. So I downloaded the latest cudaHashcat from the website and proceeded to run it. An error popped up saying it could not find "libcuda.so.1" which I believe is from the CUDA toolkit. Now I believe this toolkit has to be installed separately from the video driver? So i tried "apt-get install libcuda1" and it went through but still get the error saying the libcuda.so.1 is missing. Not only that, I don't believe "libcuda1" is compatible with the GTX 260 legacy driver I installed (which I think is 3.40). Can anyone tell me how I can get this to work? I'm using a GeForce GTX 2.60 and The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 2.0.
The legacy driver will not work, and cudaHashcat will not work with your GPU, it is simply too old.
I see. Are you certain that it's not supported by cudaHashcat? I do see that the card does support CUDA. I'm also seeing benchmarks (albiet from a long time ago) for cudaHashcat/oclHashcat for the GTX 260 on this forum.
100% positive. cudaHashcat requires CUDA 7, and CUDA 7 does not not support your GPU.