ASUS GTX970 VS PNY GTX970
(02-24-2016, 11:54 PM)marculito Wrote: Btw, this looks like a the reference one, even though it's probably not since it's a Gigabyte.

https://www.dustin.se/product/5010801829...80d5-4gd-b

It is. The brand doesn't matter, cause a true reference design looks the same at every brand.
(02-25-2016, 03:20 AM)Flomac Wrote:
(02-24-2016, 11:54 PM)marculito Wrote: Btw, this looks like a the reference one, even though it's probably not since it's a Gigabyte.

https://www.dustin.se/product/5010801829...80d5-4gd-b

It is. The brand doesn't matter, cause a true reference design looks the same at every brand.

Ok, well.. I went for the MSI GTX980 Ti reference one. Will be a good first step to replace my old AMD setup.

(02-24-2016, 11:01 PM)epixoip Wrote: Nope, that's not reference either. But it is a good card.

To put you out of your misery, the reference GTX 970 is very elusive. It does exist, but it's exclusive to just a handful of retailers worldwide. In the US, it's only sold by Best Buy. Outside the US, it's nearly impossible to find.

2x 970 will outperform 1x 980, but if you get one 980 now you can always add a second 980 later. So it's up to you and what your plans are.

Thanks for your help, I got the MSI one this morning and are now running it against some WPA-hashes. around 230kH/s. That's without any tuning at all.. temp is running at 83-84 degrees celsius, is that normal? It maxes out at 84 and doesn't go above that.

I use the latest Nvidia drivers and don't know if that's optimal for this.

But very happy with the purchase still! Smile

Forget my last post regarding temperature.. Did some modifications to the case and now I am steadily at around 67-69 degrees. Really impressed by the GTX 980 Ti Smile Night and day to my old setup. I can tell you that I won't go back to the AMD GPU's.. That's for sure.

So again, epixoip. Thank you for your kind assistance in finding a good Nvidia GPU. In a month or so I'll get another one.

Just got my new MSI GTX 980 Ti (reference) today. And man.. I'm impressed Tongue

Started with running cudahashcat against one old WPA-hccap I got, 252kH/s and temp running stable now at 67-70 degrees after 2 hours of processing.  

Thanks to some of the guys at this forum for helping out finding the "right" GPU. Couldn't be happier (until I get my next 980 Ti) Tongue