weird rule issue..
Hi, I have one small issue here that someone probably can shed some light on Tongue

I have a hccap in which the password I know is amanda0101.

I have the word amanda in a wordlist and I've created a small rule with $0$1$0$1 but for some reason it won't crack the password when testing. 

If I use combinator with the word amanda in one wordlist and 0101 in the other then it cracks it.. Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

Thanks
-m 2500 = WPA/WPA2 has a minimum password length of 8 (included). Therefore the word "amanda" will be rejected because it is too small (6 characters long).

You can use pipes (e.g. from cpu hashcat --stdout etc) to workaround this aggressive rejection.

You should be able to see the rejection count within the status screen (this normally is a good hint for what is going on).
(02-29-2016, 10:07 PM)philsmd Wrote: -m 2500 = WPA/WPA2 has a minimum password length of 8 (included). Therefore the word "amanda" will be rejected because it is too small (6 characters long).

You can use pipes (e.g. from cpu hashcat --stdout etc) to workaround this aggressive rejection.

You should be able to see the rejection count within the status screen (this normally is a good hint for what is going on).

Yeah, my bad, didn't even actually think about that.. But you are of course correct. Have to read on pipes then since I'm not used to that. But learning by trying is the best way to learn Wink

Thanks for the hint.