OpenSuSE 13.2 clGetDeviceIDs() -1
#1
Hi.
I can't get oclHashcat to work.


Code:
# oclHashcat -b oclHashcat v2.01 starting in benchmark-mode... ERROR: clGetDeviceIDs() -1

Code:
# clinfo  Number of platforms:                             1  Platform Profile:                              FULL_PROFILE  Platform Version:                              OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (1912.5)  Platform Name:                                 AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing  Platform Vendor:                               Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.  Platform Extensions:                           cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices  Platform Name:                                 AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing Number of devices:                               1  Device Type:                                   CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU  Vendor ID:                                     1002h  Board name:                                      Max compute units:                             4  Max work items dimensions:                     3    Max work items[0]:                           1024    Max work items[1]:                           1024    Max work items[2]:                           1024  Max work group size:                           1024  Preferred vector width char:                   16  Preferred vector width short:                  8  Preferred vector width int:                    4  Preferred vector width long:                   2  Preferred vector width float:                  8  Preferred vector width double:                 4  Native vector width char:                      16  Native vector width short:                     8  Native vector width int:                       4  Native vector width long:                      2  Native vector width float:                     8  Native vector width double:                    4  Max clock frequency:                           1400Mhz  Address bits:                                  64  Max memory allocation:                         2147483648  Image support:                                 Yes  Max number of images read arguments:           128  Max number of images write arguments:          64  Max image 2D width:                            8192  Max image 2D height:                           8192  Max image 3D width:                            2048  Max image 3D height:                           2048  Max image 3D depth:                            2048  Max samplers within kernel:                    16  Max size of kernel argument:                   4096  Alignment (bits) of base address:              1024  Minimum alignment (bytes) for any datatype:    128  Single precision floating point capability    Denorms:                                     Yes    Quiet NaNs:                                  Yes    Round to nearest even:                       Yes    Round to zero:                               Yes    Round to +ve and infinity:                   Yes    IEEE754-2008 fused multiply-add:             Yes  Cache type:                                    Read/Write  Cache line size:                               64  Cache size:                                    16384  Global memory size:                            8368263168  Constant buffer size:                          65536  Max number of constant args:                   8  Local memory type:                             Global  Local memory size:                             32768  Max pipe arguments:                            16  Max pipe active reservations:                  16  Max pipe packet size:                          2147483648  Max global variable size:                      1879048192  Max global variable preferred total size:      1879048192  Max read/write image args:                     64  Max on device events:                          0  Queue on device max size:                      0  Max on device queues:                          0  Queue on device preferred size:                0  SVM capabilities:                                  Coarse grain buffer:                         No    Fine grain buffer:                           No    Fine grain system:                           No    Atomics:                                     No  Preferred platform atomic alignment:           0  Preferred global atomic alignment:             0  Preferred local atomic alignment:              0  Kernel Preferred work group size multiple:     1  Error correction support:                      0  Unified memory for Host and Device:            1  Profiling timer resolution:                    1  Device endianess:                              Little  Available:                                     Yes  Compiler available:                            Yes  Execution capabilities:                                    Execute OpenCL kernels:                      Yes    Execute native function:                     Yes  Queue on Host properties:                                  Out-of-Order:                                No    Profiling :                                  Yes  Queue on Device properties:                                Out-of-Order:                                No    Profiling :                                  No  Platform ID:                                   0x7feb5090ba18  Name:                                          AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor  Vendor:                                        AuthenticAMD  Device OpenCL C version:                       OpenCL C 1.2  Driver version:                                1912.5 (sse2,avx,fma4)  Profile:                                       FULL_PROFILE  Version:                                       OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1912.5)  Extensions:                                    cl_khr_fp64 cl_amd_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_ext_device_fission cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_vec3 cl_amd_printf cl_amd_media_ops cl_amd_media_ops2 cl_amd_popcnt cl_khr_spir cl_khr_gl_event


Code:
# fglrxinfo display: :0  screen: 0 OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series OpenGL version string: 4.5.13416 Compatibility Profile Context 15.30.1025


Code:
# lspci | grep VGA 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Barts LE [Radeon HD 6790]


Code:
# uname -a Linux Workstation 3.16.7-35-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 7 17:32:21 UTC 2016 (832c776) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux


Code:
# hwinfo --gfxcard 32: PCI 100.0: 0300 VGA compatible controller (VGA)                [Created at pci.328]   Unique ID: VCu0.3r0aKFxlEZ5   Parent ID: _Znp.mxGZ4sT7tg6   SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/0000:01:00.0   SysFS BusID: 0000:01:00.0   Hardware Class: graphics card   Model: "ATI Barts LE [AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series]"   Vendor: pci 0x1002 "ATI Technologies Inc"   Device: pci 0x673e "Barts LE [AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series]"   SubVendor: pci 0x1545 "VISIONTEK"   SubDevice: pci 0x2310    Driver: "fglrx_pci"   Driver Modules: "fglrx"   Memory Range: 0xd0000000-0xdfffffff (ro,non-prefetchable)   Memory Range: 0xfddc0000-0xfdddffff (rw,non-prefetchable)   I/O Ports: 0xee00-0xeeff (rw)   Memory Range: 0xfdd00000-0xfdd1ffff (ro,non-prefetchable,disabled)   IRQ: 43 (708611 events)   I/O Ports: 0x3c0-0x3df (rw)   Module Alias: "pci:v00001002d0000673Esv00001545sd00002310bc03sc00i00"   Driver Info #0:     Driver Status: radeon is not active     Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe radeon"   Driver Info #1:     Driver Status: fglrx is active     Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe fglrx"   Config Status: cfg=no, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown   Attached to: #9 (PCI bridge) Primary display adapter: #32

Code:
# rpm -qa | grep fglrx fglrx64_xpic_SUSE132-15.300.1025-1.x86_64 fglrx64_amdcccle_SUSE132-15.300.1025-1.x86_64 fglrx64_graphics_SUSE132-15.300.1025-1.x86_64 fglrx64_opencl_SUSE132-15.300.1025-1.x86_64 fglrx64_core_SUSE132-15.300.1025-1.x86_64

Code:
#rpm -qa | grep opencl opencl-headers-2.1_20151117-4.1.noarch fglrx64_opencl_SUSE132-15.300.1025-1.x86_64
#2
As long as clinfo doesn't report at least 1 device with type CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU (note: GPU and *not* CPU), oclHashcat also won't recognize any OpenCL GPU device.

I would recommend that you uninstall all those fglrx packages and cleanly install the recommended driver from support.amd.com

BTW: there is also a howto for installing the driver under linux http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=linux_server_howto , but it is a little bit outdated. But it doesn't matter a lot since you just need to install the newest (recommended - see https://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/ - and supported) driver from the vendor's website (in your case support.amd.com). On the other hand, reading that wiki page doesn't hurt and might help to solve other problems.
#3
Quote:I would recommend that you uninstall all those fglrx packages and cleanly install the recommended driver from support.amd.com


I just installed drivers from here and nothing changed. clinfo shows only one entry with CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU

EDIT:
I cleanly removed every presence of fglrx, then installed second time - same effect.
#4
Proper xorg.conf generated, is X running, do you have xauth, is DISPLAY exported? All of those things are covered in the wiki article philsmd linked to.
#5
(03-13-2016, 09:21 PM)epixoip Wrote: Proper xorg.conf generated, is X running,  do you have xauth, is DISPLAY exported? All of those things are covered in the wiki article philsmd linked to.

I reinstalled whole system and installed official drivers from support.amd.com.
DISPLAY variable is :0 on both user and root.
Code:
$ xhost + access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
 
Code:
# xhost + access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
 
I have right xorg.conf generated by drivers.
clinfo shows me still only CPU.

I forgot to mention, that I almost fried my GPU once. It showed me artifacts for few hours, then it got back to normal.
After this, I was still able to use oclHashcat without a problem in exact same setup.

I tried installing older drivers, but I was not able to boot ever again.
#6
I solved the problem by reinstalling whole system with older drivers.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/de...s?os=Linux
I use 15.9 version.
I generated rpms from catalyst installer then I installed packages.

Thanks for help.
#7
i tried installing older drivers
i solved the problem by reinstalling the system with drivers.