ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450
Can oclHashcat work with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450? 

According to http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles...Notes.aspx catalyst 15.7 supports ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series, but I haven't found a way to make it work with propietary drivers under latest The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux.

Is there any linux distro prepared with drivers supported this card? It is being a pain to make it work and any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Pre-historic hardware is not compatible with oclhashcat.
For anyone having such pre-historic hardware like me, I finally managed to make it work. I installed Linux Mint x86_64 offline, no network connection during install. After installing and logging in, I connected to the network, went to preferences and then to hardware controllers. There, it marked the graphic card as detected, providing the exact model, and it gave me the choice to install either an open source driver or a propietary one (fglrx). I chose fglrx and it was automatically installed. After rebooting, clinfo command detected the GPU and oclHashcat64 worked OK.
Nice work - thanks for the writeup!
I think undeath read that as 4550 not 5450. You shouldn't have any trouble getting fglrx installed for an HD5000 series GPU unless you are just a total linux noob or something. But you should know that AMD is dropping support for this GPU in the next release, so this is the last driver you will be able to install. Good news is, you'll never have to worry about driver updates. Bad news is your GPU won't be supported by any future software.
wow, sorry for the bad info. But anyway, running oclhashcat on an old low-end moble gpu will probably cause more issues than it solves.
very nice work
(04-02-2016, 07:08 PM)arrabal Wrote: For anyone having such pre-historic hardware like me, I finally managed to make it work. I installed Linux Mint x86_64 offline, no network connection during install. After installing and logging in, I connected to the network, went to preferences and then to hardware controllers. There, it marked the graphic card as detected, providing the exact model, and it gave me the choice to install either an open source driver or a propietary one (fglrx). I chose fglrx and it was automatically installed. After rebooting, clinfo command detected the GPU and oclHashcat64 worked OK.

I followed these instructions exactly with my HD 5830 and Mint KDE 17.3. After I rebooted, I get a black screen, then I get a blue screen in curses with a long explanation of why X just died. The (WW) warning line is:

fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@1:0:1) found

then it seg faults.

I tried following these instructions from epixoip with Ubuntu Server too. https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=linux_server_howto
But I think there is some steps missing at the end. After you write the X config stuff and then reboot, you get a ghetto X prompt to login. When I try, it says cannot go any further because you are missing /home/<user>/.Xsession file. I tried googling this but there was no help about it. At that point you are totally stuck. I ctrl+alt+f2 to a new terminal and tried 'touch' ing that file, and that didnt help. you never get past the login prompt.

Does anyone have any advice or know a distro or tutorial that will work? This can't be that hard! Thanks
For your first error, it sounds like you just needed to regenerate your xorg.conf.

For your second "error"... The instructions in the wiki are for a headless server. You aren't meant to login to X, you aren't even meant to have a monitor attached to the system.

You Radeon HD 5000 series users are about to be in a world of heartache now that AMD is no longer supporting your GPU. You should probably just upgrade already.
HEH! Ok then. Nevermind. Instead of installing the drivers via the OS applet, I removed and purged the old ones (a little tricky) and then ran the driver installer for Linux_64 (not ubuntu) that I downloaded from AMD's site. Filename AMD-Catalyst-15.9-Linux-installer-15.201.1151-x86.x86_64.run and chose all the default options. Then I rebooted and was pretty shocked to see that it booted right in! I ran ./oclHashcat -t 32 -a 7 example0.hash ?a?a?a?a example.dict and got 1493.5 MH/s. That doesn't seem like a lot.