netgear router
I'm trying to automate a script to automate creating cfg file for net gear routers but am unsure what algo is used to create the password hash

so i used the password password as a test and get the following hash

Code:
password

LKtlQrlOphbQArYXL0tj6fxTNSHxLtcFEsJGTxxx746A7S/ABxx51XFF6xAm9N0F5xxx43kqhM7UF8cqSLxxxNNyDy1QL5kxYxZkFF58LXlBi2xx6Pk5VfUxxNhLKR6G

can any one point me in the right direction so i can generate these.

Apologies if i have posted in the wrong forum or an incorrect section if so can a mod please remove and any help would be grateful

Dunryc
its also your SSID (router name) that is used in creating the password. WPA formula is

Key = PBKDF2(passphrase, ssid, 4096, 256)
"password", Need This, 4096 iterations, length of key (should output 64 chars)

Yours is split"/"is a lot longer. Also not sure if the xxx or xx was placed on purpose or if this was part of the hash or place holders for splitting it into sections. What is your SSID??
(06-05-2016, 04:36 PM)blx Wrote: its also your SSID (router name) that is used in creating the password.  WPA formula is

Key = PBKDF2(passphrase, ssid, 4096, 256)
                    "password", Need This, 4096 iterations, length of key (should output 64 chars)

Yours is split"/"is a lot longer.  Also not sure if the xxx or xx was placed on purpose or if this was part of the hash or place holders for splitting it into sections.  What is your SSID??

thanks for the heads up so far !

this is actually the asdl password im trying to encrypt so i am guessing its using the adsl user name as this part of the configuration of the router takes place before the wireless config another example below without the x taken out , any help would be appreciated thanks

Quote:[20201]"Login"=testusername

the password used was "testpassword" (without the quotation marks)
   [20202]"Password"=kOMC9YhTizShm4LDsPBx4a7eNvmMUZ/s1BfHKki56XjTcg8tUC+ZJ2LmZBRefC15QYtpoOj5OVX5kzUh6y7XBRLCRk848++OgO0vwAWqedVxRergJvTdBSWkW/Yv4YDh

Dunryc