Hashcat 3.0 inc_vendor.cl missing
(06-30-2016, 10:42 AM)unixm Wrote: inc_vendor.cl exists in the OpenCL directory. However if you copy the entire contents of the OpenCL directory into:

C:\Users\<whatever your username is>\AppData\Local\Temp

It will build and work.

That was interesting hint. But it didn't worked for me.
But i've copied all inc_* files to main dir of hashcat and it worked flawless.

thx
(06-30-2016, 09:05 AM)atom Wrote: Look like AMDs OpenCL runtime (on windows only) silently ignores the -I parameter. It's configured correctly, as you can see in the debug output:

Quote:-I "C:/Users/tv/Desktop/HTPHashcat3/hashcat/OpenCL/"

Also hashcat makes a special check for the existance and permission check of all the includes, also inc_vendor.cl, in that folder, otherwise it errors out.

I currently have no idea what's going on there, I also can not reproduce it locally as I do not have any AMD gpu in any windows box.

@winxp5421: Is the OS you're using a Windows XP?

i have 5 machines total 3 are windows 10 and 2 are windows 7.
windows 10 machine one (nvidia) no issues
windows 10 machine two (amd) catalyst 15.12 missing vendor.cl
windows 10 machine three (amd) catalyst 15.12 missing vendor.cl
windows 7 machine one (amd) catalyst 15.12 no issues
windows 7 machine two (amd) catalyst 15.12 missing vendor.cl

as you can see I am rather confused what the root cause is here same catalyst versions not OS version specific.

No i do not run windows xp on any of my machines Smile

However, It does look like copying the contents  of OpenCL to %appdata%/local/Temp/ works "for now"
(06-30-2016, 11:59 AM)winxp5421 Wrote: i have 5 machines total 3 are windows 10 and 2 are windows 7.
windows 10 machine one (nvidia) no issues
windows 10 machine two (amd) catalyst 15.12 missing vendor.cl
windows 10 machine three (amd) catalyst 15.12 missing vendor.cl
windows 7 machine one (amd) catalyst 15.12 no issues
windows 7 machine two (amd) catalyst 15.12 missing vendor.cl

as you can see I am rather confused what the root cause is here same catalyst versions not OS version specific.

No i do not run windows xp on any of my machines Smile

However, It does look like copying the contents  of OpenCL to %appdata%/local/Temp/ works "for now"

That's a hot lead!

Can you please compare the filesize / checksum of OpenCL.dll on windows 7 machine one and windows 7 machine two? Propable on c:\Windows\SysWOW64\OpenCL.dll
Two completely different files.
58Kb
85Kb
That could explain it. Can you completely uninstall in one of the windows 7 machines the drivers. Also make sure the OpenCL.dll is removed (I think it will be not uninstalled). Then remove it by hand, reboot, reinstall the driver and see if the behaviour changed. My suspicion is that you had a driver of a different vendor (Intel or AMD) on in before. That one didn't remove the OpenCL.dll and so the new driver didn't overwrite it.
We highly recommend that you DO NOT copy any haschat (include) files to a system folder or that you use similar stupid workarounds like this.

The problem with such a "fix" is that after you do that, you don't only have a broken driver (which you already had otherwise the problem with the failed includes wouldn't be there at all), but also have a very broken hashcat installation.

Any updates to hashcat would mean that you need to keep the folder within %APPDATA% also up-to-date and by not doing this carefully enough it only leads to very strange and difficult to troubleshoot problems.
Fix your driver installation already. Instead of breaking your system w/ those "fixes".
Photo 
This is related to the TMP environment variable. If you change that to the hashcat\opencl path then the kernels will compile.

Attached Files
.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 71.43 KB / Downloads: 32)
This is a nice hack, thanks
I've added this hack to the current upstream and created a beta: https://hashcat.net/beta/

Can you please try it out? Make sure to _not_ have set the TMP variable when you try the new beta
Hi,
I'm new to hashcat, so please bare with me (it's my 1st post here).
I have a similar problem as user "l30n" has.

I'm running on Windows 7 x64 wSP1 en-US, and Intel i5-3570K CPU (Ivy Bridge).
The GPU is Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Running the command:
hashcat64 -m 2500 handshake.hccap wordlist.txt

results in:

Code:
=== Build failed, retry with optimization disabled ===

ERROR: clBuildProgram() : -11 : CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

So, after reading through this thread, I simply copied all the .cl files from the "OpenCL" folder to the main folder of hashcat, and it worked.
Hope this temporary workaround helps others who encounter the same issue.