Building 4x GTX 1080 recommendation

.jpg   3xgpu.jpg (Size: 46.7 KB / Downloads: 35)
I think everyone here has hit very good points first of all. I have an i7 5820k running 3x 1080 GPUs on my personal rig. One thing I will stress is on COOLING under full load this things get toasty and you will (my opinion) need a raiser for your cards. Since them being so close to each other you will get no air-flow trust me you don't want to see your temps go into the 80s-90s Celsius. If you are going to go with an air cooled solution I my self use an open case since of the GPUs but the CPU is water-cooled.  You could go with a water cooled gpu from gigabyte or evga if you want but they were in the high $700s low $800s.

I hope everything works out and you post pictures!

Once my Pascal Titan server is finished I will post it on here it should be one beast of a machine.

I attached a crappy picture of the rig before the raiser when I was testing temps so you can see how close they are together.
(02-08-2017, 01:26 AM)KaliSentinel Wrote: Since them being so close to each other you will get no air-flow trust me you don't want to see your temps go into the 80s-90s Celsius. If you are going to go with an air cooled solution I my self use an open case since of the GPUs but the CPU is water-cooled.

Your temps are high because you're using the wrong GPUs for a thresome setup. The recommendation in this forum since years are original OEM-GPUs with radial fans like the GeForce 1080GTX Founders Edition. The axial fans on your GPUs are blowing against each other and are pretty much ineffective. Using radial fans, a closed case for better airflow and some additional fans will bring down temperatures into the 50-60° range.