Error running on linux box
Hi,

I'm getting an error when trying to run this on my Linux box. Running 3.00. Here's the error:
Code:
ERROR: clGetPlatformIDs() : -1001 : CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR
Don't know much other than that, runs perfectly on my computer.
read this: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=fre...hould_i_do
Having similar issues in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 2.0 running in a 64bit Virtual machine. I only need to use straight cracking against a dictionary file while running tests, so I don't need access to a GPU, but since the upgrade to 3.0 I cant get hashcat to work at all.

Is this new version designed Only to run on GPU hardware? & If so, where can I find the older version binaries as these suited my needs perfectly, but it seems impossible to find them anywhere.
New version support both GPU and CPU
(07-22-2016, 01:55 PM)atom Wrote: New version support both GPU and CPU

Any idea how I get it to run in a The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 64 bit VM then? 

From stock install I got the error CL_DEVICE _NOT_FOUND

Then Following the guide further up this post, (except for the graphic card drivers, as there's no mention of how to install VM drivers)

I now get

ATTENTION! Can't find OpenCL ICD loader library

You're probably missing the "ocl-icd-libopencl1" package (Debian/Ubuntu)
  sudo apt-get install ocl-icd-libopencl1

ocl-icd-libopencl1 is already the newest version (2.2.9-1).

Or any idea where I can get 2.0.1?
You just need to get OpenCL working, then hashcat will work, too. The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) may be broken with OpenCL
(07-22-2016, 02:45 PM)atom Wrote: You just need to get OpenCL working, then hashcat will work, too. The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) may be broken with OpenCL

Ok, so googling, I can see the way to get OpenCL drivers is to try and install an AMD driver, but like I said, I only want CPU cracking and i'm running in a VM, so no amd cards.

If I can install this, should hashcat work again?

Once again.... If anyone can point me to 2.0.1, I had no issue with this version and i'm unable to locate it since 3.0 was release.
Yes, hashcat can work with CPU only. There's no GPU required. However you might have difficulties to get the AMD driver running without an AMD GPU.

pocl is another alternative.