ERROR: clSetKernelArg(): CL_INVALID_MEM_OBJECT
Hey there. Complete newbie to hashcat here, although I have some experience using the command line. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and I'm trying to use hashcat to get a plaintext password from a single MD5 hash. After downloading the latest version of the program and unzipping it, I CDed into the hashcat directory, created a hashes.txt file containing the hash I want to crack,  as well as a results file called results.txt. I've spent a fair bit of time looking at the documentation and figuring out what I can from it, and the best attempt at the syntax that I've managed to get so far was the following:

Code:
hashcat64.exe -m 0 -a 3 hashes.txt -o results.txt

I understand it's probably wrong or grossly impractical. Anyway, running that command, I get the following error:

Code:
ERROR: clSetKernelArg(): CL_INVALID_MEM_OBJECT

I tried Googling, but that didn't help, hence why I'm here. I'd really, really appreciate some guidance at this point, namely in regards to what the error means.

Thanks!
Looks like OpenCL runtime/driver problem, not hashcat
(09-10-2016, 09:55 AM)atom Wrote: Looks like OpenCL runtime/driver problem, not hashcat

I currently have the Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Runtime Package installed. Is that insufficient? If so, which of the ones on this page would I need to install?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/article...cl-drivers
Yes, 14.x or higher should be fine