OSX 10.10 hash -m 7100 Line-length exception
Code:
hashcat64.exe -m 7100 -a 3 --increment --increment-min 4 --increment-max 10 -output-file=cracked.txt --remove hash.txt -1 ?l?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

Code:
C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\hashcat-3.10>hashcat64.exe -m 7100 -a 3 --increment --increme
nt-min 5 --increment-max 10 -output-file=cracked.txt --remove hash.txt -1 ?l?d ?
1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
hashcat (v3.10) starting...

WARNING: Hashfile 'hash.txt' on line 1 ($ml$25641xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 ): Line-length exception

Parsed Hashes: 1/1 (100.00%)

ERROR: No hashes loaded

If I try 
Code:
hashcat64.exe -m 7100 -a 3 --increment --increment-min 4 --increment-max 10 --output-file=cracked.txt --remove hash.txt -1 ?l?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

then I get

Code:
C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\hashcat-3.10>hashcat64.exe -m 7100 -a 3 --increment --increment-min 4 --increment-max 10 --output-file=cracked.tx
t --remove hash.txt -1 ?l?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
hashcat64.exe: unknown option -- output-file=cracked.txt

When I used hashcat 2.0  the first option worked without any problem. What am I doing wrong?
In the first command line you used "-output-file" with a single dash so it's using the short option "-o".
Read the --help, in hashcat 3 it is either "-o" or "--outfile" to specify the output file.

Then see https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes if your hash doesn't match the length of the example hash for the mode you're using you will indeed likely get an exception about line length.
(09-20-2016, 07:53 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: In the first command line you used "-output-file" with a single dash so it's using the short option "-o".
Read the --help, in hashcat 3 it is either "-o" or "--outfile" to specify the output file.

Then see https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes if your hash doesn't match the length of the example hash for the mode you're using you will indeed likely get an exception about line length.

Thanks! What ended up being the problem was there was white space at the end of the hash.