GPU Temp Reading
Exclamation 
Hi all,
I'm trying to get hashcat to work on my laptop and as much as it works in general, I'm afraid of frying the GPU - I receive the following errors:

Code:
Watchdog: Hardware Monitoring Interface not found on your system
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger disabled
Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger disabled

This is strange as I can read the temperature with:
Code:
nvidia-settings -q gpucoretemp
or
Code:
nvidia-smi -q -d temperature

So I guess the question is - how does hashcat read the GPU temp and how to get it to work?

I'm using a NVS 5400M and an i7-3630QM (I know it's not a beast, but that serves the purpose when you have to go through a few dictionaries and can't connect to your rig) on Jessie Debian. The driver version is 352.79.

I also can't control the task once it's started (you should get status when pressing "s" or quit when punching "q", but nothing happens), but that's less of an issue (thou annoying)...
If nvidia-smi can read it, hashcat should be able to read it as well. They both use the same library to access the data (NVML).
I have the same problem: hashcat don't received data correctly from NVML. In may case, the solution is  just to make a symbolic link to libnvidia-ml.so library:

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/nvidia/current/libnvidia-ml.so /usr/lib/libnvidia-ml.so
(04-17-2017, 08:01 PM)KhanKrum Wrote: I have the same problem: hashcat don't received data correctly from NVML. In may case, the solution is  just to make a symbolic link to libnvidia-ml.so library:

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/nvidia/current/libnvidia-ml.so /usr/lib/libnvidia-ml.so

thx man