bash: ./hashcat64.bin: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
Hey guys, I really need help. Its been 8 hours since ive been trying to find a solution for this.

Linux The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Version-2.0 (Running on VMware)

No matter what I try it says "bash: ./hashcat64.bin: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error" when i run to run the bashcat64.bin file on hashcat 3.10

It says that my hashcat need to be updated when I type "hashcat" in the terminal, and when I try updating it-it says that I am on the latest version. So I downloaded 3.10 from the website but then fell into this problem and im stuck on it for the past 2 days now. Ive tried a few version of cathash and every one of them seem to be having the same problem.

I am new to this forum, please help me out. 

(The screenshot shows the problem)

I hope you guys could help me out, this forum is great.

Attached Files
.png   Debian 7.x 64-bit-2016-12-01-05-25-31.png (Size: 182.78 KB / Downloads: 10)
How did you extract the archive ? You should be using "7z x".
Is your The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 64bits ?
(12-01-2016, 02:21 AM)Xanadrel Wrote: How did you extract the archive ? You should be using "7z x".
Is your The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 64bits ?

Yes its 64 Bit and I used 7z to extract using the terminal

(Did it again and posted screenshot too)

Attached Files
.png   After.png (Size: 288.35 KB / Downloads: 10)
Just build it from source:

git clone https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat
cd hashcat
git init submodule
git init update
make

done
(12-01-2016, 11:09 AM)atom Wrote: Just build it from source:

git clone https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat
cd hashcat
git init submodule
git init update
make

done

I just tried it and it says "git repository in root/hashcat/submodule/.git/"

I ran all the commands. except for the git clone command nothing seems to be working.

(Check the attachment out)

Attached Files
.png   1.png (Size: 440.9 KB / Downloads: 4)
.png   2.png (Size: 298.36 KB / Downloads: 5)
Err that was a bit too early in the morning.

Of course I mean:

Quote:git clone https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat
cd hashcat
git submodule init
git submodule update
make
(12-01-2016, 05:55 PM)atom Wrote: Err that was a bit too early in the morning.

Of course I mean:

Quote:git clone https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat
cd hashcat
git submodule init
git submodule update
make

Okay so I put these commands in and this is what I got (screenshots) and it gave me an error saying Win 32 isnt defined, I ran hashcat and it still says that the software is out of date. Dang man, its frustrating. Thanks for all the help though.

Attached Files
.png   1.png (Size: 439.75 KB / Downloads: 7)
.png   2.png (Size: 343.88 KB / Downloads: 2)
You just need to run ./hashcat instead of hashcat
(12-01-2016, 07:24 PM)atom Wrote: You just need to run ./hashcat instead of hashcat

This is what I did, im really sorry if im being irritating since im still in the learning process. But the screenshot shows what I did. Does this mean ive got hashcat? and if yes then do i have to write all these commands to start it up everytime i wanna use it?

Attached Files
.png   Debian 7.x 64-bit-2016-12-01-23-13-31.png (Size: 164.89 KB / Downloads: 8)
(12-01-2016, 07:45 PM)Kevinback4real Wrote:
(12-01-2016, 07:24 PM)atom Wrote: You just need to run ./hashcat instead of hashcat

This is what I did, im really sorry if im being irritating since im still in the learning process. But the screenshot shows what I did. Does this mean ive got hashcat? and if yes then do i have to write all these commands to start it up everytime i wanna use it?

Okay I quit the terminal and launched it back up and started fresh by typing cd hashcat and then ./hashcat --help and a shit load of options and how to use pops up so I guess its working. Could you confirm if ive got hashcat? I know, im such a noob.