MaskProcessor From File
Hi

I am wondering if the maskprocessor is able to read from a file ? What I would like to be able to do is change the given password from a file.

Example.
in your code ... $ mp64.bin pass?d I would like to make the "pass" part of it to be read from a text file. This way it would mean users didn't have to keep such large rule files when appending to passwords.

I am guessing it may have something to do with the changing length of the supplied passwords from a list. Perhaps it may be possible if the user sorts his lists by length ?

I wasn't sure what you meant on the help page "There is no known alternative that can handle masks". Perhaps this means it isn't possible ?

Thank you.

makes no sense. the reason to have large rule files is to keep gpu busy.
(11-05-2011, 05:17 PM)atom Wrote: makes no sense. the reason to have large rule files is to keep gpu busy.

It was to help prevent having to make a very large rule file of many MB's to simply append numbers to an existing password list on the fly.

This way I thought users could have small password lists and small rule lists as the addition of numbers and text could be done whilst cracking.

I am more than prepared to believe that I have this all wrong.
i know what you mean. but if you do it like this, all password condidates run through the STDIN stream. no mutation on GPU = low gpu utilization = slow speed.

(11-05-2011, 05:40 PM)atom Wrote: i know what you mean. but if you do it like this, all password condidates run through the STDIN stream. no mutation on GPU = low gpu utilization = slow speed.

OK I understand, its hard to imagine just how fast all this is when you are saying a modern CPU would restrict something like this ! HashcatPlus is awesomely fast !

If I was prepared to sacrifice performance for this feature are we talking massive reductions in speed or just a little ?
Never try to figure things out yourself ? Press Control+A if yes.

The answer is massive, depending on CPU, but is like 10...35 times
extreme speed loss! will be equal to CPU cracking then.
(11-05-2011, 11:34 PM)atom Wrote: extreme speed loss! will be equal to CPU cracking then.

Yikes that's quite a drop !

Thank you very much for your patience and help today atom, I'll leave you to enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Smile