Budget System Advice
Question 
Hi all
Let me start of by saying I know cheap=expensive , but I am currently looking to build a budget system (local hardware prices and exchange rate in my country limit me) to upgrade my current rigs an i5 4th gen with Gt 740m , and a i5 4th Gen with an HD 6850 .
My budget is category for a graphics card is the RX 480 or GTX 1060 , I see the the 1060 benchmarks are already a vast improvement over my system , also if I go with a RX 480 and an A10 APU will Hashcat be able to utilize the cores in the APU or is the gain not worth it and Rather go with a Intel solution i5/i7 with the 1060 any advice would be appreciated Smile
APU is not worth it.
(12-29-2016, 11:06 AM)atom Wrote: APU is not worth it.
Thanks , I was doing some more research and looking at the benchmarks posted on the forum and think to get the best performance for my budget , is go with a GTX 1060 and an i7 .
In regards to the 1060 vs Rx 480 , it seems there is no clear winner but the power draw and Temps are lower on the 1060 I am correct in thinking that ?
Also less headache with drivers
GTX 1060 is the clear winner IMO.
Thanks for the advice . I see that the APU's are basically crap all round , and for my budget the 1060 really is the way to go .
Just one more question , in hashcat what would the performance difference be between a 3GB 1060 and the 6 GB 1060 , seeing as the 6GB has about 100 more cuda cores and will there be a difference between an i5 and i7 in hashcat if they have the same intel graphics chip ?
The Graphic Chip inside your CPU doesn't matter, you do not want to use this. The 6GB version of the 1060 has more cuda cores than the 3GB version? Well in that case it does make a difference, but that's new to me.