The refactorization of version 3.20 was so extreme it was almost impossible to not bring in a few bugs.
This version 3.30 is mostly about bugfixes, but there's also some new features and a new hash-mode.
I recommend upgrading even if you did not face any errors with older versions.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!!!
Download here: https://hashcat.net/hashcat/
- Files: Use $HEX[...] in case the password includes the separater character, increases potfile reading performance
- Files: If the user specifies a folder to scan for wordlists instead of directly a wordlist, then ignore the hidden files
- Loopback: Include passwords for removed hashes present in the potfile to next loopback iteration
- New option --progress-only: Quickly provides ideal progress step size and time to process based on the user options, then quit
- Status screen: Reenabled automatic status screen display in case of stdin used
- Truecrypt/Veracrypt: Use CRC32 to verify headers instead of fuzzy logic, greatly reduces false positives from 18:2^48 to 3:2^64
- WPA cracking: Reuse PBKDF2 intermediate keys if duplicate essid is detected
- Added hash-mode 1300 = SHA-224
- Fixed buffer overflow in status screen display in case of long non-utf8 string
- Fixed buffer overflow in plaintext parsing code: Leading to segfault
- Fixed custom char parsing code in maskfiles in --increment mode: Custom charset wasn't used
- Fixed display screen to show input queue when using custom charset or rules
- Fixed double fclose() using AMDGPU-Pro on sysfs compatible platform: Leading to segfault
- Fixed hash-mode 11400 = SIP digest authentication (MD5): Cracking of hashes which did not include *auth* or *auth-int* was broken
- Fixed hex output of plaintext in case --outfile-format 4, 5, 6 or 7 was used
- Fixed infinite loop when using --loopback in case all hashes have been cracked
- Fixed kernel loops in --increment mode leading to slower performance
- Fixed mask length check in hybrid attack-modes: Do not include hash-mode dependant mask length checks
- Fixed parsing of hashes in case the last line did not include a linefeed character
- Fixed potfile loading to accept blank passwords
- Fixed runtime limit: No longer required so sample startup time after refactorization
- Workaround added for Intel OpenCL runtime: GPU support is broken, skip the device unless user forces to enable it
- Building: Added hashcat32.dll and hashcat64.dll makefile targets for building hashcat windows libraries
- Building: Added production flag in Makefile to disable all the GCC compiler options needed only for development
- Building: Removed access to readlink() on FreeBSD
- Building: For CYGWIN prefer to use "opencl.dll" (installed by drivers) instead of optional "cygOpenCL-1.dll"
- Events: Added new event EVENT_WEAK_HASH_ALL_CRACKED if all hashes have been cracked during weak hash check
- Hardware management: Switched matching ADL device with OpenCL device by using PCI bus, device and function
- Hardware management: Switched matching NvAPI device with OpenCL device by using PCI bus, device and function
- Hardware management: Switched matching NVML device with OpenCL device by using PCI bus, device and function
- Hardware management: Switched matching xnvctrl device with OpenCL device by using PCI bus, device and function
- Hardware management: Removed *throttled* message from NVML as this created more confusion than it helped
- Hash Parser: Improved error detection of invalid hex characters where hex character are expected
- OpenCL Runtime: Updated AMDGPU-Pro driver version check, do warn if version 16.50 is detected which is known to be broken
- OpenCL Runtime: Updated hashcat.hctune for Iris Pro GPU on OSX
- Potfile: The default potfile suffix changed but the note about was missing. The "hashcat.pot" became "hashcat.potfile"
- Potfile: Added old potfile detection, show warning message
- Returncode: Added dedicated returncode (see docs/status_codes.txt) for shutdowns caused by --runtime and checkpoint keypress
- Sanity: Added sanity check to disallow --speed-only in combination with -i
- Sanity: Added sanity check to disallow --loopback in combination with --runtime
- Threads: Replaced all calls to ctime() with ctime_r() to ensure thread safety
- Threads: Replaced all calls to strerror() with %m printf() GNU extension to ensure thread safety