I dont know what i did
Well ive typed in this code in my windwos 10 cmd, because i kinda want this process to be abit quick, as i am in a rush, but heres what came up.

im also trying to crack a bcrypt that is 60 characters and it says line-length exception error Sad

Code used: hashcat.64.exe -m3200 -a3 -o cracked.txt passwords.txt hash.txt 

[Image: dulkam]

would be great if i knew what was wrong so i can learn and fix on my mistakes!
For one, from what I see, you are using -a3, which is for brute forcing and didn't supply a mask.  Whatever is in the passwords.txt and hash.txt files, I assume they are the actual file hashes?  If not, they should be.  And, they have to be of the same kind, i.e. md5, sha1, bcrypt, or whatever.  All you experts out there, feel free to correct me if I'm in error.

(01-12-2017, 10:20 AM)robbierayrob Wrote: Well ive typed in this code in my windwos 10 cmd, because i kinda want this process to be abit quick, as i am in a rush, but heres what came up.

im also trying to crack a bcrypt that is 60 characters and it says line-length exception error Sad

(01-12-2017, 04:05 PM)Jiminy Wrote: For one, from what I see, you are using -a3, which is for brute forcing and didn't supply a mask.  Whatever is in the passwords.txt and hash.txt files, I assume they are the actual file hashes?  If not, they should be.  And, they have to be of the same kind, i.e. md5, sha1, bcrypt, or whatever.  All you experts out there, feel free to correct me if I'm in error.

(01-12-2017, 10:20 AM)robbierayrob Wrote: Well ive typed in this code in my windwos 10 cmd, because i kinda want this process to be abit quick, as i am in a rush, but heres what came up.

I filled the password.txt with the passwords i thought would be used to crack the hashes (bruteforce), im most likely wrong, but if there are others ways of executing this 60 character long bcrypt hash, i would love to know! i filled the hashes txt with hashes, and im a complete idiot to these types of things, and would really appreciate your guys help! 

this also my first time doing this btw

<3
The --help synopsis alone should be enough for you to catch the errors in your command line. Take some time to read the documentation.
(01-12-2017, 07:28 PM)epixoip Wrote: The --help synopsis alone should be enough for you to catch the errors in your command line. Take some time to read the documentation.

oh alright, thanks for pointing the way Big Grin

oh and btw, just a little issue that i cant find to see anywhere on the fourm, when i tried to run oclhashcat on my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux it comes up with segmentation failure or something like that, ive updated and upgraded everything, but all ive seen fixes about are to amd drivers due to their bitcoin hash capabilities, but i have nividia and is still cant find a solution for it. 

If this can be answered in the --help menu i would love to know, if not i would love some advice
oclHashcat hasn't existed for well over a year.
(01-12-2017, 08:02 PM)epixoip Wrote: oclHashcat hasn't existed for well over a year.

oh well, my research is much of a dud then, because i heard it can do hashcats process many times faster.
hashcat-cli, oclHashcat, oclHashcat-plus, and oclHashcat-lite were all rolled into one program simply called "hashcat".