Hashcat v3.30 and resume
Hi guys, I'm having problems with the resume function, specifically with the current working directory saved in the resume file.

I'm running this command:

Code:
hashcat-3.30/hashcat64.bin -m 0 -a 3 md5.txt ?l?l?l?l

My current working directory is
Code:
/root

Hashcat folder is located in
Code:
/root/hashcat-3.30/

The expected behaviour is that the .resume file, the .log file, and the .pot file will be saved in /root/ (because is the cwd)
Instead they are saved in /root/hashcat-3.30

On cudaHashcat the behaviour was:
“cwd” is the current working directory. oclHashcat will cd to that directory on startup if it is in --restore mode.

Then I found out about the new option in hashcat 3.30 --restore-file-path

Code:
hashcat-3.30/hashcat64.bin -m 0 -a 3 md5.txt ?l?l?l?l --restore-file-path /root/testsession

Which works, but when I try to restore the session, hashcat still tries to look in its directory...which negates the use of --restore-file-path because I have to move it back to hashcat directory to stop it from complaining!

Code:
root@ubuntu:~# hashcat-3.30/hashcat64.bin --restore --session testsession
hashcat (v3.30) starting in restore mode...

Restore file '/root/hashcat-3.30/testsession.restore': No such file or directory

Is it a bug, or a feature?Big Grin
It would be great if you could open a github issue (https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/issues/) such that some dev can have a look at it.
Thanks for the report here and the steps to reproduce (but in such cases opening a github issues shoud be the first step to do Wink ).
Thx
(01-27-2017, 12:14 PM)philsmd Wrote: It would be great if you could open a github issue (https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/issues/) such that some dev can have a look at it.
Thanks for the report here and the steps to reproduce (but in such cases opening a github issues shoud be the first step to do Wink ).
Thx

Ok issue opened. Thanks for the info, will remember next time Smile
Problem solved on github issue, so closing this one here